Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the dealer Saturday and asked if they had the parts for the recall. He said they did and I asked when I could bring it in. I wanted to do it today, but he said they were busy, but could do it Tuesday. He then asked me if I was on a waiting list. I said I haven't heard anything from them about recall, but I knew about it. That is sad that I have not received any correspondence from Harley about it and I got my info on these forums.....

·
Registered
766 Posts
i believe you will be getting a letter about the recall, every owner should get one, it may take a while, depending on how recently you bought the bike.

for now, just keep the fuel topped off before 90-100 miles and enjoy the ride :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
I bought the bike in May.

ah, same here...may 28th I think.
we did get our recall letter about a week after others here mentioned that they got theirs.

call HD corporate at 1-800-258-2464 about not getting your letter.

if you get no response then call 1-888-327-4236 NHTSA and they will see that you get one!

these numbers are the ones that is on my recall letter.
hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
There is no waiting list, they will run your vin and let you know it is affected, these kits come in wave shipments, so its first come first served for availability, thats how my dealership does it, we still get bikes with recalls from 8 yrs ago!- lazy owners I guess?, the job pays one hour.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I took mine in today and got the recall work done.
took 4 hours total, it just sat for the first hour though.

when I got my bike back home I looked it over a bit and seen the following:

first off I smelled gas pretty bad that I never smelled before.
looks like a (vent) hose up front is missing?
anyway, there was a hose there before
and on the left side at the rear of the tank there is a hose along with a wire that wasn't put back into it's place.

i'll be back tomorrow to show them this, hopefully it'll get corrected.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Doesn't the Recall pay the dealer 1/2 Hour labor?

Brian's HD did mine. All seems well. Don't smell gas. I did get some drips from the hose after I filled it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
the ticket on my recall repair showed 1 hr labor @ $110 per hr.(took 4 hrs total), cost of the new pump was $235....total bill was $400+ all paid under the recall.

just wished they'd put everything back like it was. :(

·
Registered
159 Posts
What is the recall on?
The fuel pump pickup is faulty in several Streets. Causing the bike to stall out, then lurch forward (lag and leap) when taking off from a stop or going up hill. This happens just before the low fuel light comes on. Count your blessings if you haven't experienced it. I'd call your dealer and they can run your VIN to see if you are on the recall list and they'll install a redesigned pump. Haven't seen any complaints on the redesigns yet.

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
What is the recall on?

Nowgfstcat, Don't worry. As per 49 of US Code, The Dealer Cannot Deliver the Street if the Recall was not performed. Assuming the one you won was part of it.

The Recall 0167 is for Replacement of the Fuel Pump Assembly. To address a Safety Issue. The Lag and Leap posts here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I took mine in today and got the recall work done.
took 4 hours total, it just sat for the first hour though.

when I got my bike back home I looked it over a bit and seen the following:

first off I smelled gas pretty bad that I never smelled before.
looks like a (vent) hose up front is missing?
anyway, there was a hose there before
and on the left side at the rear of the tank there is a hose along with a wire that wasn't put back into it's place.

i'll be back tomorrow to show them this, hopefully it'll get corrected.
Rock270 - did they fix it? :eek:

·
Registered
766 Posts
I called and told them about it.
I was busy yesterday, but will take it in this morning.

I was told they would look at it.

as usual they tried to explain away this oversite saying the new kit probably didn't require the vent hose anymore.

when I mentioned I smelled gas real bad when I first got home with it, and I also seen where some gas had dripped onto the front exhaust header I was told nothing, just go a quite momentary look, as they turned around like they had other things to do. :(

·
Registered
766 Posts
ok...took it back in this morning....about 30 min later a service guy told me I was ready to go.....

well it wasn't....they still didn't put the vent hose and a wire back where it originally came out from under the back of the tank. I tried to push it back under the protective cover but there wasnt enough room to do that. I told him the tank needed to be lifted up in the back in order for the hose to go back to where it was originally......this was the fifth time in total, I told them about this!

so.. they took it in the back again.....about an hour later it was back ready to go...again......for the third time in two days....now finally everything is back where it was when I first took it in for the recall work to be done...also at least this last time they did wipe down the tank and fenders.....

update:....they didn't offer any receipt, I ask and got one.....two actually...one for the fuel pump recall and one from before I took delivery of the bike of another recall where they had to add a rear reflector under the license plate holder and for some kind of a clamp somewhere.

kinda funny though, there are some cards on the counter that invites you to tell HD how this service dept is doing. my bike finally got back to being right after the service mngr seen me take one of those cards....lol !

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought my bike in January, had mine fixed a few weeks ago after going to the dealership and asking about it... And I still haven't got anything from HD about a recall!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That's OK. I never received the Notice. As I purchased mine the same day it was done. And I just realized, I never received a receipt for the work. Fortunately it comes up in the Warranty history

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's OK. I never received the Notice. As I purchased mine the same day it was done. And I just realized, I never received a receipt for the work. Fortunately it comes up in the Warranty history

I didn't get a receipt either they just told me I was good to go and the key was in the bike. They did wash it though I thought that was pretty nice of them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts