Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it’s a brake calliper recall eventually after going through 5 callipers in 2 years of having a street 750 and now a street rod I have had a nightmare with the brakes!! Apparently they will have the kits in by April! So I would expect a recall letter

·
Registered
265 Posts
Am wondering if that affects all models? I am sure I read somewhere that the later models had different brake parts and I know the very new ones did because of the compulsory ABS?

Will have to see but there is nothing yet on the recall site for mine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well mine is an 18 model on a 67reg and mine has a recall on it! Apparently the piston gets corrosion build up and drags in the bore it nearly threw me off the bike it’s happened 5 times already and each time I have had to get a new calliper and disc!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yeah mines an 18 model. Might be the later ones they are recalling then because there is obviously a difference between the earlier ones and the later ones.

Will have to wait and see I guess

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nah mate apparently there is a one for the street 750 as well I had to put my VIN number in and it came back with that!! I had a 16 street 750 before my street rod and had the exact same problem with that bike front and rear brakes nearly threw me off the bike at 70mph not a good feeling I am at the point now thinking about trading in for something else I have had too many problems with this bike!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks for the info and sorry to hear about your issues :(

What was the web site that you went on to check the vin number ? I only have the link to the American site Cheers

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got a recall letter that said 2016-2019 Street 750's. It probably applies to the Street 500 as well. That's pretty much all of them except the 2015 Streets.

The 2015 Streets had their own recall due to brakes, didn't they?

·
Registered
335 Posts
The 2015 Streets had their own recall due to brakes, didn't they?
No recall on brakes, it was on the fuel system as TusconMax pointed out.

The problem with the brakes on the 2015s is that they kind of sucked. Read the reviews on the 2015, most everyone complains about the brakes, and they were revised and upgraded for 2016+.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a 2015 Street. The front brake feels "squishy". It takes a tremendous amount of force on the lever to slow down quickly. Sometimes I wonder if the master cylinder is going to explode from the pressure!

In 2016+ they put upgraded brakes on all Streets. These are the ones being recalled. Sounds like the issue is not under powered braking, but randomly locking up!!!

Harley dealers in India offered a upgrade kit for 2014-2015 Streets. US dealers offered no solution. The brakes are usable, just not all that great.

I assume anybody that got the upgrade kits also received the brakes that are now recalled?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had my recall notice in the post today.
New front calipers have to be fitted.
Mines a september 2018 streetrod xg-a.

Rowle uk.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Received a recall notice today for my XG750 -2017.
In the letter they say that the parts will be shipped to the dealer from April onwards

1 - 20 of 27 Posts