Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have currently the stock handle bar. It feels, that I would be more comfortable if the handlebar would be 1/2 to 1 inch closer to me.
The optional reduced reach handlebar description says that it will be 2 inch closer. I would not want to install the reduced reach one and be sorry. There are many forum members who changed the handlebar for the reduced reach one. I am 5'9". Any advice?

·
Registered
45 Posts
if you want reduced reach i suppose youve got to buy it and try it out ,
i would be interested to know if you need to change for longer control cables and wires or have you got 2 inch extra already on the bike to acommidate this ??
cheers
kbull

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have currently the stock handle bar. It feels, that I would be more comfortable if the handlebar would be 1/2 to 1 inch closer to me.
The optional reduced reach handlebar description says that it will be 2 inch closer. I would not want to install the reduced reach one and be sorry. There are many forum members who changed the handlebar for the reduced reach one. I am 5'9". Any advice?
Hi Marian;

Not sure if you got the reduced reach handlebars yet or not but. I am 5'10" and I got them. At first I thought the reach was still to far. Then I loosened the head and tilted them back a little and wala after a few tries I got them in a place that is much better than stock.

What I am trying to say is that you have more adjust-ability with the reduced reach handlebars. The others were to short for me no matter what. I felt as though I was leaning too far over the bike. The arc was too small but the reduced reach could probably come a half inch or so closer to me if needed but I like them where they are.

They will have to change the clutch cable to one that is 2 inches longer. All the other cables will reach.

I had my dealer do the installation.

mgg

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'd love to see a side shot of your riding position being so tall with reduced reach bars. I'm 5'7 and have clubmans that are further down and forward but I can still reach them sitting straight up and I've got typical short guy short arms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts