Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to remove the baffle from their exhaust yet? Saw a video on it but can't seem to catch the entire clip. Seen other bikes and like the sound but not sure what that does to the performance or warranty. Need a volunteer to test it out on their ride first... Please.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not sure if this applies to the stock pipe, but I spoke to V&H about removing the baffle from my aftermarket pipe, and he warned me that it would reduce back pressure on the engine, and the heat generated would discolor the pipe. I have the V&H Competition slip on, and it sounds amazing. I aske them about the baffle removal just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Has anyone tried to remove the baffle from their exhaust yet? Saw a video on it but can't seem to catch the entire clip. Seen other bikes and like the sound but not sure what that does to the performance or warranty. Need a volunteer to test it out on their ride first... Please.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Yes. I did it within a week of purchase.

Its loud, even for me. But it sounds like a stereotypical HD. Video clips wont be of any help to you, it'll be distorted or just not accurate in general. Just go cut it out. 3 VERY small welds to cut, and just pull it out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If its a Pre 17 model you can get away with it.. I was told by many people now, changing either exhaust or air filter will require the tuner. Heck they even plugged the idle adjust port. I have yet to see if it can be drilled out or if its truly a fixed idle. I hate the 1400 RPM idle when hot, seems way to fast, but its for "emissions"

·
Registered
21 Posts
I yanked the baffling out of mine after someone asked me "where I got my moped". Its pretty loud running with no baffling, I did notice a slight torque loss as well.

Got the FP3 tuner, dropped the idle and tuned it (fixed the lost power). Sounds like a real Harley now. I think the best part about the FP3 is the rev limiter, works more like a sports bike rather than completely cutting fuel.

The riding exhaust drone does become ear splitting after about 45 minutes, bring an ear bud or something.

I'll post a video later.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts