Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to remove the baffle from their exhaust yet? Saw a video on it but can't seem to catch the entire clip. Seen other bikes and like the sound but not sure what that does to the performance or warranty. Need a volunteer to test it out on their ride first... Please.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not sure if this applies to the stock pipe, but I spoke to V&H about removing the baffle from my aftermarket pipe, and he warned me that it would reduce back pressure on the engine, and the heat generated would discolor the pipe. I have the V&H Competition slip on, and it sounds amazing. I aske them about the baffle removal just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Has anyone tried to remove the baffle from their exhaust yet? Saw a video on it but can't seem to catch the entire clip. Seen other bikes and like the sound but not sure what that does to the performance or warranty. Need a volunteer to test it out on their ride first... Please.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Yes. I did it within a week of purchase.

Its loud, even for me. But it sounds like a stereotypical HD. Video clips wont be of any help to you, it'll be distorted or just not accurate in general. Just go cut it out. 3 VERY small welds to cut, and just pull it out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If its a Pre 17 model you can get away with it.. I was told by many people now, changing either exhaust or air filter will require the tuner. Heck they even plugged the idle adjust port. I have yet to see if it can be drilled out or if its truly a fixed idle. I hate the 1400 RPM idle when hot, seems way to fast, but its for "emissions"

·
Registered
21 Posts
I yanked the baffling out of mine after someone asked me "where I got my moped". Its pretty loud running with no baffling, I did notice a slight torque loss as well.

Got the FP3 tuner, dropped the idle and tuned it (fixed the lost power). Sounds like a real Harley now. I think the best part about the FP3 is the rev limiter, works more like a sports bike rather than completely cutting fuel.

The riding exhaust drone does become ear splitting after about 45 minutes, bring an ear bud or something.

I'll post a video later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will never understand the modern obsession with obnoxiously loud motorcycles.
Loudness of a bike is simply a matter of safety for the biker. The loud bike will be more noticeable to other motorists who might not be aware that you are passing them or on either side of them. We've all had a run in with cars moving into our lane simply because they didn't know we were there. With a loud bike, it mitigates this from happening. It's also a big plus that it adds tremendously to a bike's badassness.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts