Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any photos of what the Street looks like without the fork rubber gaiters? I'm tempted to take mine off but want to double check how it looks before I cut them off!

Also, eventually I want to replace the chrome fork tubes for some black ones. Has anyone seen any options for the Street?

·
Registered
766 Posts
the fork gators was one of the things I did not like about my bike.

with in days, I cut them off and have never regretted it at all.

plus I removed the seat strap and rear pegs too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the fork gators was one of the things I did not like about my bike.

with in days, I cut them off and have never regretted it at all.

plus I removed the seat strap and rear pegs too.
Yeah I was never convinced by the look. The weird seat strap was another thing I never liked! Glad to see I'm not the only one!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where did that headlight and headlight bracket come from? I feel looks wise the bikes should have a larger headlight. Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just removed the gaiters and cowl (as well as the rear pegs and seat strap) and I'm so glad I did. It completely changes the look of the bike. Love it!!

Now if I can just change those chrome fork tubes to black!...

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Can the Gators be removed with out cutting them? What if someday I decide I liked them , or I plan on riding in some really dusty conditions? Can they be removed and saved for later use ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can the Gators be removed with out cutting them? What if someday I decide I liked them , or I plan on riding in some really dusty conditions? Can they be removed and saved for later use ?
They're fully enclosed, so unless you want to take apart the fork tubes, the only way is by cutting them off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts