Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed the brake fluid on the XG750A (ABS) on their own. If so, I have a request to share the brake fluid replacement procedure with the ABS pump. In Poland, I got information that the exchange only at the HD distributor point. I have approx. 200 km to the point in Warsaw. if any of you replaced it yourself or has a service book and can send you a scan of this procedure. In the user book, a reference to the service point. In a covid pandemic, I'd like to do it myself, and I have technical skills. thank you so much for help. Greetings from Poland

·
Registered
2017 Street Rod 750
55 Posts
I just did mine the other day. I used a vacuum brake bleeder to suck out old fluid, just be sure to never run the master cylinder dry, since that will almost surely introduce air into the ABS pump and then it has to go to the dealer.

Basically suck out fluid from bleeder until master cylinder reservoir is almost empty, fill master cylinder with new fluid, do it again a few times. Keep in mind the front brakes have 2 calipers so 2 bleeders. Do most of the vacuum bleeding from the right side caliper first, and then a few seconds of bleeding from the left.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the hint

For the vacuum removal of the old fluid, you may have used such a kit connected to an air compressor

·
Registered
2017 Street Rod 750
55 Posts
Yes I used a tool like the one on the left and hooked it to an air compressor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts