Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Rider's Edge riders on this forum who used the Street 500 during training? If so, please give us your impressions of the bike from a new rider's prospective.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm sure there are people enrolled in the program, people here probably not. Theres a bit of a disconnect however, as most new riders do not purchase a brand new bike right off the hop...

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Thanks for making this thread I am interested in hearing some feedback on the street 500 as well.
I took a demo ride on the Street 500 on Friday. I was the first to take it out as the dealer only received in on Wednesday. I found it quite satisfactory in all respects but I'm still waiting for my Street 750 to arrive. Hopefully it will be here this coming Wednesday when the H-D factory truck delivers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took a demo ride on the Street 500 on Friday. I was the first to take it out as the dealer only received in on Wednesday. I found it quite satisfactory in all respects but I'm still waiting for my Street 750 to arrive. Hopefully it will be here this coming Wednesday when the H-D factory truck delivers.
Nice to hear the bike is respectable. I am looking to riding the 750. You are lucky your bike is coming so soon. I expect my bike at the end of August if I am lucky.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Glad to hear it passes :)

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Nice to hear the bike is respectable. I am looking to riding the 750. You are lucky your bike is coming so soon. I expect my bike at the end of August if I am lucky.
In talking with the sale manager at Sound Harley-Davidson he's only getting one Street 750 right now and will only be able to order one Street 750 for delivery in August. He currently has six pre-orders for Street 750's but I understand I'm #1 on the list because I was the first to pre-order. I hope I'm #1 anyway.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
In talking with the sale manager at Sound Harley-Davidson he's only getting one Street 750 right now and will only be able to order one Street 750 for delivery in August. He currently has six pre-orders for Street 750's but I understand I'm #1 on the list because I was the first to pre-order. I hope I'm #1 anyway.
nice, at least you're number one, likely won't have to go through a longer wait. looking forward to when you get yours

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Just keep your head busy for now around the end of the month and youll be antsy waiting for that phone call.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Just keep your head busy for now around the end of the month and youll be antsy waiting for that phone call.
Well, the Street 750 wasn't on the H-D truck last Wednesday. :(

I'm thinking it time to take the road trip on my Sportster up to Dawson Creek BC in the next couple of weeks and when the 750 comes in, it comes in. The weather here in the Great Northwest has been looking up recently and when I have a week's worth of good weather forecast I think I'll hit the road. I'm going to pack my "T-bag" so all I have to do it strap it to the sissy bar and be gone.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

I'm thinking it time to take the road trip on my Sportster up to Dawson Creek BC in the next couple of weeks and when the 750 comes in, it comes in. The weather here in the Great Northwest has been looking up recently and when I have a week's worth of good weather forecast I think I'll hit the road. I'm going to pack my "T-bag" so all I have to do it strap it to the sissy bar and be gone.
make sure to take some pictures while you're up there, i heard BC has some amazing scenery

·
Premium Member
589 Posts

Just take the trip and dont think about it. Im sure the ride will keep you busy. Be sure stop by Stuie's Dinners when you get a chance its on 8th street.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts