Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many out there video your rides? I bought a $39 camera about a year ago to test if it was something I wanted to do. The plan was to upgrade camera for better one, but to me the quality is pretty good. So a year later, I'm using the same camera. The camera is mounted to front left fork, you can see my fender in lower right side. This is a road about 30 minutes from my house. Houston is extremely flat and most roads are very straight. This is my favorite get away for an hour and clear my head ride. Here's a short video. Anyone else have videos to post?

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's another short one from last weekend at San Jacinto monument. The clicking noise is the plastic camera tether that I'm bad about not securing.

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dragon Tail, Sept 2019

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pulling into Deals Gap, the beginning of The Dragon.

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
Sorry, nothing to show, but I normally have an inexpensive action camera mounted on the bars. I'll try to add a picture in a bit. It's a Sharper Image branded camera from the Menard's home improvement store. It cost somewhere between $20 and $40 a couple of years ago as an after Christmas clearance item. It's an inexpensive camera without image stabilization. The image is a little shaky, but it's watchable. Using the same camera and mount on the Sportster comes out as a blur due to the vibrations.

I use a RAM mount on the handlebars which probably cost more than the camera. The camera comes with a handlebar mount, but it's probably for bicycles. It came apart on the way home one evening. I held the camera between my knee and the ignition coil long enough to figure out it was dark, cold, and rush hour traffic. Trying to save the camera wasn't worth it. Good thing I bought a couple at the same time.

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Normally rides are posted of nice senery with nice roads. Here's a shot of light traffic in Houston, kinda sucks, welcome to the big city. It's what I ride in every day.

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's one from last November in Galveston at the Lone Star rally. I was leaving the show area heading home. It's a really cool rally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts