Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
435 Posts
The camera is a cheap Sharper Image branded one. It was on after Christmas sale at Menards home center a few years ago for under $20, so I picked up a couple and another one last year. It has no image stabilization, thus all the vibration. The newer camera may have some added features, but I haven't tried it, yet.

The handlebar mount that came with the camera was probably intended for use on bicycles. It didn't hold up to use and fell apart on a December ride home. J&P cycles helped me piece together RAM mount with a long enough arm to see around the chrome trim on my tombstone windshield. I'll try and post a photo.

The next series of videos has no sound, so I'll add music. Those cover the first part of a trip down to the farm. The camera battery died after a couple of hours. It's mostly I-35 to I-80, but each section has it's own features. This one was raw video that the camera cuts into 15-minute chunks, but I have some editing software I want to use. I want to cut out some bits, combine some chunks, and maybe add some captions and/or narration.

North central Iowa is pretty flat. From the north end of Ames you can pretty much wave at Minnesota. At the end of the video I'm coming off of a huge plateau and everything to the south is rolling hills. The long trip video will get into that territory.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Good videos. Looks like a lot of straight roads, just like down here. Liked the American flags at the cemetery. I think there was a section of the driver's license certification you either missed or forgot:

A stop sign is a traffic sign designed to notify drivers that they must come to a complete stop and make sure the intersection is safely clear of vehicles and pedestrians before continuing past the sign.

Sorry, just picking on you. 😂 :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
These videos may have been edited for content and to run in the time allotted.
Sounds like a disclaimer for a long movie being shown on TV. Not an excuse for not stopping. :ROFLMAO: 😂
Guess you will have to stop twice next time you are at those stop signs.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts