Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
558 Posts
The camera is a cheap Sharper Image branded one. It was on after Christmas sale at Menards home center a few years ago for under $20, so I picked up a couple and another one last year. It has no image stabilization, thus all the vibration. The newer camera may have some added features, but I haven't tried it, yet.

The handlebar mount that came with the camera was probably intended for use on bicycles. It didn't hold up to use and fell apart on a December ride home. J&P cycles helped me piece together RAM mount with a long enough arm to see around the chrome trim on my tombstone windshield. I'll try and post a photo.

The next series of videos has no sound, so I'll add music. Those cover the first part of a trip down to the farm. The camera battery died after a couple of hours. It's mostly I-35 to I-80, but each section has it's own features. This one was raw video that the camera cuts into 15-minute chunks, but I have some editing software I want to use. I want to cut out some bits, combine some chunks, and maybe add some captions and/or narration.

North central Iowa is pretty flat. From the north end of Ames you can pretty much wave at Minnesota. At the end of the video I'm coming off of a huge plateau and everything to the south is rolling hills. The long trip video will get into that territory.

·
Super Moderator
558 Posts
Here are a couple more. This is basically the reverse of the last trip:

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Good videos. Looks like a lot of straight roads, just like down here. Liked the American flags at the cemetery. I think there was a section of the driver's license certification you either missed or forgot:

A stop sign is a traffic sign designed to notify drivers that they must come to a complete stop and make sure the intersection is safely clear of vehicles and pedestrians before continuing past the sign.

Sorry, just picking on you. 😂 :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
558 Posts
These videos may have been edited for content and to run in the time allotted.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
These videos may have been edited for content and to run in the time allotted.
Sounds like a disclaimer for a long movie being shown on TV. Not an excuse for not stopping. :ROFLMAO: 😂
Guess you will have to stop twice next time you are at those stop signs.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Had a nice ride yesterday with wife and a few friends to Galveston. Started out foggy and overcast but cleared up quickly.

Heading down to Galveston.

Going over causeway.

Going down seawall.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
A few friends rode to the new Cycle Gear Superstore they opened. This place is huge. Not a long ride, but any ride with friends is great. We spent over an hour there doing some major window shopping. The helmet and motorcycle clothing selection is unreal. Here's a few shots inside the store.

The Relive video:

A few videos I took:

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Another short video of our ride on Sunday. This is I-10 west of Houston and a few back roads going home. Freeways in Houston, even on Sundays aren't any fun.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm playing with a free video editing program. This is an event I went on last year and filmed some videos. Never took the time to put it all together. How about some feed back on the the good, bad and ugly of it. Don't know if I'm making the videos watchable or messing them up. Thanks.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Here's try number 2. I would really appreciate some input. I've got thick skin, if you hate it, let me know. What do you like, if anything? What would you change? Only with trueful input can I get better. Thanks.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Playing with some free video software. Yes, looks like a rookie made it. Gotta teach this old dog some new tricks. Leave a comment or two.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Looks like a cool ride. Your roads are smooth and that is a plus. What are your town speeds and freeway speeds?

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Looks like a cool ride. Your roads are smooth and that is a plus. What are your town speeds and freeway speeds?
Most streets are 45 mph that are outside neighborhoods, Freeway speed in that section is 65, we are doing 75 to 80. I'm not a speed demon but will normally be 7 to 10 mph over the speed limit. Actually roads are not all that smooth. With most roads here being concrete the expansion joints can get rough.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Over here suburban speeds are 60kph, motorways 100kph and intercity freeways 120kph. But, not like in most western countries, traffic cops are far and few, so higher road speeds are the order of the day. My happy speed on the Street is 100-110kph and when on a freeway I have to watch my mirrors as I have been passed by other big bikes travelling in the 140-160 range. Even large truck rigs show a sign on their rear not to exceed 80kph, but you read that sign as they blow by at 120.

Suburban and motorways are the responsibility of the local authorities, so maintenance is decidedly poor, resulting in potholes in the tarred surface. Not something you want to hit on a bike. The few concrete roads in our area have been dug up and replaced with tar. Water compression in the concrete cracks just destroyed the road.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I can related to the water damaged roads. We get our share of hurricanes, the wind is normally short lived, but the rain can last for days. The rain run off will tear roads up real quick. Fortunately they are normally fixed pretty quickly. But at times it can take a while.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Got struck behind a cop for about 10 miles on way home from work. Didn't think he would ever turn a different direction than I was going. Took me about 15 minutes longer to get home. I'd forgotten how slow the speed limit actually is.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well my commute wasn't very nice this morning. My routine is to get up and check the radar and temp so I know how how to layer. No rain, lower 50s, I'm good to go. I get about a mile from house and hit a very thick fog bank, and I mean thick, it was actually much worst than video shows. I've got my leather jacket and chaps on, so no big deal. Then a few miles further it even starts to sprinkle. Decision time, pull over to put rain gear on or keep going. I decided to keep going, didn't get any worst and my leathers did it's job and kept me dry.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Here's a boring video of part of my commute home a few days ago. The sky was beautiful. I know some folks here are either snowed in or having rotten weather and can't ride.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Was cleaning up computer files today and found some video clips from 2020 I had trashed. Most are poor lighting, sun bursts, dark or otherwise messed up. Going over these videos made me realize how many I shoot. I shortened each clip to about a minute long. So if you are really bored, pull up a chair and watch my bloopers and outtakes.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts