Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I bought a second camera to put on helmet to do a picture in picture of rides. I'm still at the playing stage as to what angle looks best. I included side streets and some freeway shots. Was a little wet on way in this morning. Would like comments, good and bad. I'm trying to make my videos a little more enjoyable to watch.

·
Registered
609 Posts
By the looks and feel there are two cameras, one on the bike and one on the helmet. Both main and PIP are good quality as is the sound. Now just to get comms and you can describe what is happening.

·
Administrator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Ok, took some video on way home today from work. Played with different views. The picture in picture is my favorite, but the side by side on top with area below for disciption is pretty cool. Don't like the distorted view much. There's a pop up the says distorted view on the top side by side. Sorry, didn't see till after I saved. It's a pretty down and dirty video. Please leave comments. Which do you like better?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
681 Posts
The distorted view isn't one that I see much use for. I think I would stick with the PIP mode most of the time and switch to the side-by-side when something of interest, something you could point out in the comment area, came up on the helmet cam.

Reactions: Lesblank

·
Registered
609 Posts
Managed to get in a short hour ride today, with just about a mile of soft rain near the start. By the time I got home the T-shirt was dry. Just nice to feel the heart rate still rise like a rev counter when you grab a handful of throttle. The cyclone/hurricane that hit Mozambique has spun a trail of damage from heavy rain in the east and south eastern parts of South Africa.

·
Administrator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Played a little more with PIP size and swapping camera views. Do you think 30%, 35% or 40% is better? Hopefully this spring will let me get out on the road more than 2020 and would like to fine tune the two camera set up now.

·
Registered
609 Posts
A good Sunday ride. What caught my attention was the highways look like they are all cement, and local roads are black tar. One of our local "M" roads (Motorway) was paved with cement but after time the high rainfall and water compaction soon resulted in major erosion to a point where the cement was removed and replaced with black tar.

·
Administrator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
A few of us got together this afternoon for a quick run to Cycle Gear. Found a pair of Street & Steel Mercenary Boots on clearance for $24.99. Yes they are new. The tag shows $69.99 but the scratch out price was $24.99. The manager honored the scratched out price. I'm a happy camper.

Here's the Relive:

And a quick video:

·
Administrator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Got up this morning, looked out front window, dry street, look at weather app, all clear. Suit up, jump on bike, and hit a really thick fog. Doesn't look that bad in video, but really hard to see and very slick road. Good thing, it was in the 50s.

·
Administrator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Not a riding video. This was my drive home on Tuesday. Remember, this is Houston, Texas. That is not beach sand. I was without power for 54 hours. Fortunately I have a generator for hurricane season. House is hooked up except HVAC, so no heat. We have two more hard freeze then hopefully this crap is gone.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Just had a message from my sister in Florida and she commented on the cold snap in Texas as they first went to Houston when they emigrated from South Africa.

·
Administrator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Put in a pretty long ride today. Carla (wife) and I are looking at some land in the hill country west of San Antonio. The small county court house doesn't have much info on line and you need to go there in person. This lot has made it to our short list and wanted to make sure land was clear of any liens and look at the survey plot. Carla couldn't go today, so I took the bike. Total of 479 miles traveled. Freeway sucks getting there but once on the other side of San Antonio, my smile was ear to ear. This property is about 30 miles as the crow flies from The Twisted Sisters. We plan on putting a small house on it and retire there. In the video, my cruise was on when doing the wobble test, absolutely no wobble at 80MPH. When you get to the top speed in in this run, which is fight, Relive or GPS? It's late and have to work tomorrow so only short video.

·
Administrator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Riding home from work and see this. Help me understand what it is.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
681 Posts
I believe that falls into the category of "More money than sense".

·
Administrator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Can you imagine picking up a first date in it?

·
Administrator
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Y'all know I post a lot of weird stuff. Well on my way to work this morning at 4am. Normally only a few cars out with folks heading in to work and maybe a drunk or two heading home. I see a motorcycle headlight behind me for about a mile staying a few bike lengths back. We get caught by the light at the freeway and he pulls up beside me. It's 48 degrees, I have my leather jacket, chaps and heavy gloves on. I look over and see this, shorts with butt hanging out. I got cold just seeing this. So, do you think he's leaving a party or going to work?

41 - 60 of 65 Posts