Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did this as well. (Cut heim joint and actuator rod and installed the drop pegs in the Amazon link below) To me, it has made all the difference in the world.

I think the drop on ad78's picture above was too much, and I settled with that shown in my pics. When I checked fore/aft and distance from the ground, this seemed to nail symmetry with the left peg at stock height. Since you are using two of the drop brackets, the 25mm versions could be put together to get in the same position as I did with the 40mm versions.

-Aaron

·
Registered
1 Posts
After riding the new Rod 1500 miles like every body else I hate the right foot placement . I noticed that my right hip would get sore , me being 6 ft. 1" . I decided to lower the peg 1& 3/4 in . With a couple cheap peg's & a mounting from J&P cycle , The J&P extended peg is sawed off & taped 5/8 Fine thread , the nut is a 5/8 Fine thin jam nut . The strap is sawed out of alum plate . I was going to lower both sides but after putting a tape on it now both sides are right at 12 in with no change to the left side . After adjusting the rear brake lever all the way down at least now you can grab the brake much easier than stock . After a 140 mile ride on Fri. I had no pain in my hip ! Other mods I have made are adding ROX bar risers & install my Laminar speed screen from the old bike .

Hi I'm having trouble myself I have measure my 2020 750a and there 300mm each side, but I like to see what you have done at the top
After riding the new Rod 1500 miles like every body else I hate the right foot placement . I noticed that my right hip would get sore , me being 6 ft. 1" . I decided to lower the peg 1& 3/4 in . With a couple cheap peg's & a mounting from J&P cycle , The J&P extended peg is sawed off & taped 5/8 Fine thread , the nut is a 5/8 Fine thin jam nut . The strap is sawed out of alum plate . I was going to lower both sides but after putting a tape on it now both sides are right at 12 in with no change to the left side . After adjusting the rear brake lever all the way down at least now you can grab the brake much easier than stock . After a 140 mile ride on Fri. I had no pain in my hip ! Other mods I have made are adding ROX bar risers & install my Laminar speed screen from the old bike .

I got a 750a whi h is 300mm each side I like to see what you have done at top also mainly hoe do you get on with the break which is much higher than stock peg. Thxs Fred

21 - 24 of 24 Posts