Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello XG 500/750 Street Brother's and Sister's, I'd like to introduce myself. I am a US Navy and Army Veteran who was a rider / certified Motorcycle Mechanic back in the early eighties. Recently I just got back into riding and wrenching after my wife decided that she wanted us to join the Harley family and so she bought me a 2016 XG750 Street for our anniversary. The Fat Boy will be coming next year. I also just completed the CMSP rider course so that I can get my license back and get on the road again. Anyway, as mentioned, I'm just starting with this introduction to get me started. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yes she is. Joining the Harley family was all her idea. I used to be a Japanese bike mechanic along , long time ago, 1982, but we have a Harley Love Ride Group here in Los Angeles and she wanted to be a part of it so she got me into Harley's. She bought the bike and paid for my CMSP riding class to get my license back and as a result, I'm looking into becoming Harley certified and have found a mechanic who is interested in help me get started my giving me all of his MMI books and material's. My life and interest with bikes is coming full circle again, it's been awhile but it's never to later to pick up where I left off. I passed my riding class yesterday and am working on the license. Should be back on the road shortly, my XG 750 Street is ready to go , it's just waiting for me to be legal again. Thanks

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from SW Ontario, Canada.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome,
and just because I like bragging about it, my wife took "my 500" ( also my first bike) when she got her restricted capacity licence ( called LAMS here in Oz) and let me buy a vrod. hehehehehehe
Are you really sure you want the fatboy? The vrod is very nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts