Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is parked outside alot. I've got rust on my rear shocks. Do you recommend anything to easily remove it that's inexpensive? I have a big screw, a nut, that has it, too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I use a product called NEVR DULL and the finest steel wool I can find…..use the NEVR DULL, let it sit on the chrome for a few minutes….then use the steel wool….wipe it clean with a clean cloth……also prevents rust for a period of time……only use it on chrome though…not painted surfaces….

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i googled never dull. i have blue magic. i think i may just buy some steel wool, and i'll use that to see if it works. maybe it'll get the job done and save me a few bucks. my scooter mechanic recommended it to me a while ago.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I get the NEVR DULL at Autozone…...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh, no way; good idea on the coca cola. i was told that one years ago for corrosion on batteries. it didn't dawn on me. i used that blue magic, and the rust did come off. i have little chips now though, but no rust. maybe coke first next time. oddly the other shock absorber, right side, didn't have any rust at all. i wonder why that is. maybe that it leans to the left the kickstand?...idk. thank you for your suggestions. i hope it helps any creaking noise, too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts