Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put on the Saddleman 2 up on my bike and so far its way better then the stock. Haven't gone on a long ride yet but will update how it rides.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
:nerd:The seat looks great. I am curious how the height compares to standard. I am 6 foot tall and use the Tall boy seat and not sure I would ever want to go any lower for the sake of my Hips. But after a day when I road 660 miles, I might compromise for my Butt. Looking forward to hearing how it rides for you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
@RJWW,

I just did the same thing. It has to be the coolest looking seat available. Insofar as urban riding is concerned it's primo! The rider's position, however, seems to be a bit stiff but, let's see how that breaks-in. With respect to the passenger seat my gal wouldn't even sit on the stock seat. The Two-Up offers not only great padding but it conforms to the passenger's ergonomics, flawlessly. And she's fine with that. Nevertheless, I will investigate getting a small gel-pad or Air Hawk pad before doing a 400 mile ride.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
So, it appears to me that the seat has a higher passenger seat is higher, which I guess would give a little more lower rear support. I suspect I have that higher passenger seat area with the tall boy seat.
Tallboy® Seat | Two-Up Seats | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store
But I get 1.25 inches higher for me and back 2.5 inches for me also.
I guess unless it offers something for my fat a** I will stay with the tall boy, until I can find a custom which can get me tall boy with a wider seat.
Thanks for info.
When I bump into you around town JONBERG, I may ask to sit on your bike. I am in Thornton, but get by Avalanche HD once in a while.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@JONBERG When you put the new seat on did you notice a gap between the back of the passenger seat and the body of the bike. I have a small gap back there. I think its the way the seat it attached throw the back bracket.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back from a few hour ride and must say I was surprised at how comfortable the new seat is.

·
Registered
309 Posts
@RJWW,

Did you find the seat to be a little stiff/hard, at first? I did but it soon got better after a few miles. It's almost as if it conforms to the driver's lower anatomy upon usage. At least that's my take. Nevertheless, at this juncture, I would still recommend a gel-pad or Air-Hawk be added for rides of >300 miles, just in case. Although, that remains to be determined. It's sure a cool seat and the price ($225.00) is certainly right!

ENJOY THE RIDE!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts