Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried a "Saddlemen Two-Up Seat For Harley Street 2015" ?

It sounds good @ only $224 but one never knows. I would appreciate any input on any two-up seat; touring comfort being my objective.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Jongerg I was wondering the same thing. Both the Corbin and Mustang 2 up seats have a much wider area for the passenger with the Corbin being 1 " wider than the Mustang and contoured. I have been researching this for a couple weeks and am about to bite the bullet and order a Corbin Gunfighter with Lady. I have the regular Corbin Gunfighter and love it.

mgg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Jongerg I was wondering the same thing. Both the Corbin and Mustang 2 up seats have a much wider area for the passenger with the Corbin being 1 " wider than the Mustang and contoured. I have been researching this for a couple weeks and am about to bite the bullet and order a Corbin Gunfighter with Lady. I have the regular Corbin Gunfighter and love it.

mgg
how did it work out ?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
874 Posts
@JONBERG and @MGG were last seen on the forum in 2016, so don't expect responses from them. You might want to try some searches of the site using keywords like "Corbin", "Saddlemam", & "Mustang" to see what others thought or if those members answered your questions for other members in other threads.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I will be having my seat customized to fit me by an experienced seat builder. Or, find a good seat upholsterer near you. He can probably do a better job than a one size fits all.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the Corbin seat ( gunfighter and lady)on my street rod 750… investment on seat is investing on protection of your back bone… buy it( it is more sensible than spending 1000s on pipes)… Corbin is good from my experience….before I buy another bike( Harley,Indian or Yamaha) I have decided to buy the best fit seat from Corbin first and then buy the bike( so out of the showroom I will have a comfortable seat and not that stock seat) and if no aftermarket seat available I will not buy the bike…

·
Registered
147 Posts
If the Corbin works just right for you, that's good. I had a used BMW K75 with a Corbin. It was too wide for me. My seat pro explained the situation.
In Corbin's manufacturing, the seat pan is poured plastic. After that, the padding is poured onto the pan. They have a tendency to melt together in the manufacturing process. They are very difficult to modify.
When an experienced pro makes you a custom saddle, the saddle will be fitted to you. It will be the right width, height and angle. Also, you and he can determine any height variations front to back. In short, the fit won't be close, it will be precise.
I need to have the saddle width fit me. Otherwise, my hip joint gets grumpy. I found this out by doing delivery rides of the KZ 900/1000s to customers of the shop I worked at.... some years ago. The big Zs are wide and so are their seats.
The process is like going to an Italian tailor who measures you for a fitted suit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I get it …I actually thought investment in good seat is worth every penny…the Corbin seat company would customise the seat the way you want it if you can get to the shop… I was not in a position to travel to shop so has given specifications ( minor changes) and the manufactured accordingly. I would agree that there are others who would do an equally good job or maybe even better … for BMW I prefer Sargent seats….for Harley Corbin…cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.