Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone aware of how to get self-canceling turn signals on the Street 750? As a new rider, I have enough to worry about without having to shift my focus to canceling my turn signal in order to avoid confusing nearby cars about my intended path of travel. Just saying...it would be one less thing to worry about as I gain experience. Any ideas or successful modification attempts?

·
Registered
367 Posts
<<< Mod Edit >>> I've never owned a bike with self canceling signals, and have you ever seen those new Harleys riding down the highway for miles with their blinker still on? I see it often, so I'm assuming it's the self canceling not actually canceling and that is a bigger risk, imo. All you have to do is tap the button with your thumb.

·
Registered
155 Posts
One of the reasons my dealer was trying to push me to another bike in stock was that the other one had self cancelling turn signals. What? I didn't even know that was a thing!

Seriously, just another potential electrical issue to go wrong. Here in Colorado, I don't even need to run with blinkers. Just hand signals.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Really!?

<<< Mod Edit >>> I've never owned a bike with self canceling signals, and have you ever seen those new Harleys riding down the highway for miles with their blinker still on? I see it often, so I'm assuming it's the self canceling not actually canceling and that is a bigger risk, imo. All you have to do is tap the button with your thumb.
<<< Mod Edit >>> I ask for mod ideas or part references to address something I believe should be included from the factory... <<< Mod Edit >>>

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyways!

You would need to completely replace the current module to do so as the relay it has probably negates most boxes you could install that would do it for you.

My XR1200 had self canceling signals and more often than not just as I would hit the button to cancel it myself because it didn't detect it fast enough I would just be turning it back on. What I would rather have than self canceling though is the button on both controls instead of a single button on the one side. I feel like I am more in tune with the path I am taking when I make a motion on that side of the bike with my hand. I don't mind hitting the switch again to cancel it if it was on both sides of the bars.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
While the modification can be done it's not all that simple. As noted you have to change quite a bit to accomplish the change. Typically the cancellation uses a mercury switch but the system must be wired propery for it to work. We do get spoiled by technology and often miss it when it's not included such as the turn signal cancellation being omitted due to cost on the Street 500/750. Harley was trying to keep the prices down and every additional unnecessary item adds costs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts