Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came back from riding last week, was looking over my bike and wiping things down prior to putting the cover back on her. I noticed that the shift linkage rear bolt was sticking out. I checked it out, it vibrated out from the shift lever that goes into the engine housing. I was about to lose it and lose the ability to shift at all. All HD Street 750 and 500 owners please check yours and make sure that your shift linkage isn't loose.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I came back from riding last week, was looking over my bike and wiping things down prior to putting the cover back on her. I noticed that the shift linkage rear bolt was sticking out. I checked it out, it vibrated out from the shift lever that goes into the engine housing. I was about to lose it and lose the ability to shift at all. All HD Street 750 and 500 owners please check yours and make sure that your shift linkage isn't loose.
Thanks!

Can you post a pic of this to help in identifying the correct bolt?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
He is talking about the Bolt that secures the Shift Linkage to the Shifter Shaft. Looks like a 10mm with the head on top. Shop Manual 5.6, Figure 5-4. My suggestion would be to put Blue Loctite on it. Torque to 80-97 Inch (6.7 to 8 Ft) Pounds.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Shop Manual 5.6, Figure 5-4. My suggestion would be to put Blue Loctite on it. Torque to 80-97 Inch (6.7 to 8 Ft) Pounds.
I don't have a shop manual, and bike is still in winter storage :crying:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm all late on this i just noticed the.same issue on mine.....i was wondering if there was a locknut or something on the back of the shifter shaft

1 - 8 of 8 Posts