Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody replaced their stock shocks, if so what did you use?

I hate the chrome on a black bike this looks horrible why did Harley do this?

Thanks
A

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Hello,
This thread helped me in finding replacement shocks and size for my 750.
http://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/street-appearance-modifications/11290-burly-progressive-shocks.html
I have Mysterious Sunglo Red and Heartily agree the stock chrome shocks look very out of place. I am very happy with 12 inch (lowered one inch) BLACK progressive shocks. They are Progressive 412-4068B 12.0 inch.
Installation was not very difficult at all. Saved enough by doing it myself to justify buying a Craftsman motorcycle lift. Bushings in the kit made bolts fit correctly and didn't have to purchase any other parts.
I went with just one inch of lowering after reading comments in the thread, although didn't drop quite as low as Zowie mentioned as I think I am a lot heavier than him.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
This thread helped me in finding replacement shocks and size for my 750.
Burly or progressive shocks
I have Mysterious Sunglo Red and Heartily agree the stock chrome shocks look very out of place. I am very happy with 12 inch (lowered one inch) BLACK progressive shocks. They are Progressive 412-4068B 12.0 inch.
Installation was not very difficult at all. Saved enough by doing it myself to justify buying a Craftsman motorcycle lift. Bushings in the kit made bolts fit correctly and didn't have to purchase any other parts.
I went with just one inch of lowering after reading comments in the thread, although didn't drop quite as low as Zowie mentioned as I think I am a lot heavier than him.
Hi! Would you be so kind to tell me what the eyelet measurement is for your shocks. I want to replace mine and the ads offer 12 and 14 mm. Thanks for your help :0)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts