Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum...from the IE....just bought my wife a Street 750 for her first bike. Looking to share info on mods for her bike in the near future.....already looking at exhaust, intake and other things to make this bike more complete.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right on Jonny....I'll have to check out their sound on youtube or something...

·
Registered
187 Posts
welcome, i used to visit San Diego often when i was stationed in Arizona 2005-2011. I-8 is great place to ride, even tho i never tried to lane split the El Cajon traffic.

Reactions: Hellbilly

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks....yeah....it's really dangerous out here.....

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
New to the forum...from the IE....just bought my wife a Street 750 for her first bike. Looking to share info on mods for her bike in the near future.....already looking at exhaust, intake and other things to make this bike more complete.
Don't know about making it "more complete" but you can take a stock 750 that's very fast and make it faster... that a first time rider really doesn't need.
So when are you and your wife going to road trip to Arizona? I don't live very far from the Grand Canyon that's beautiful this time of year.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't know about making it "more complete" but you can take a stock 750 that's very fast and make it faster... that a first time rider really doesn't need.
So when are you and your wife going to road trip to Arizona? I don't live very far from the Grand Canyon that's beautiful this time of year.
Last weekend was her first time on a street bike and she's doing great....I have her practicing in the church parking lot.....there's a company that holds classes there so there are lines and obstacles painted on the ground already...but we'll take a ride up that way soon....just got to get her used to riding with traffic....she's been all over the desert with her dirt bike.....now it's defensive riding because of the yahoos out here on the roads....she's gonna take the Harley class and the dealer where we bought her bike is going to reimburse her for the class fees....she already has her permit.....

Yeah, it's fast enough for her....I'm more into aesthetics.....making it look more like a big v twin.....she wants the mods so I'm just learning and figuring out where to get everything.....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right on bro....any mods yet?

·
Registered
159 Posts
No mods yet. I've had the bike for a year and exhaust was first on my list but after riding a while, the seat moved to the top quickly. For me, after 20 minutes in the saddle, my rear is in pain.

I'm very impatiently waiting for a few things to fall into place hopefully in May so I can make some changes!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right on....I know what ya mean about the seat.....I rode it for my wife from Fullerton to Corona and my ass was already sore....she likes it though...for now....

I'll be sharing what I do with her bike and hopefully getting some companies out there to make more parts and mods....right now I'm not impressed with the current market but I've been talking with some of the custom bike builders to start making some custom parts....if there is demand...they will make them and more. Right now, a lot of the stuff I like is from overseas....I'd rather spend my money here in the US....

Reactions: Static07

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome from San Diego!

I just bought a 2015 Street 750 about 3 weeks ago. First mod was a bar end mirror on the clutch side and extended mirrors on top. Also added the tall boy seat, back cargo rack, sissy bar, screaming eagle slip on and screaming eagle air intake. Just got the stage 1 upgrade today. What a difference! Way more zip off the line.

Also, pulled off the front plastic thing over the headlamp and removed the rubber from the forks. I think it looks better. Finally, bent the rear brake pedal up and re-welded it. It doesn't sit flat anymore and works great.

·
Registered
283 Posts
A welcome from India. I'm sure you'll find all the answers to your questions.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Welcome from San Diego!

I just bought a 2015 Street 750 about 3 weeks ago. First mod was a bar end mirror on the clutch side and extended mirrors on top. Also added the tall boy seat, back cargo rack, sissy bar, screaming eagle slip on and screaming eagle air intake. Just got the stage 1 upgrade today. What a difference! Way more zip off the line.

Also, pulled off the front plastic thing over the headlamp and removed the rubber from the forks. I think it looks better. Finally, bent the rear brake pedal up and re-welded it. It doesn't sit flat anymore and works great.
Yeah…those are of some of the things I've been looking at doing as well….the brake pedal, the exposed wires, removing the belt guards, re-routing the front brake line, removing the rubber dildos and reflectors from the front forks and a lot more….good job!!!!

She's still getting used to the bike so I'm gonna wait until she has more experience and seat time before modding the exhaust and intake…what's the Stage 1 and 2?

We're going for a ride on a service road that runs along the I-15…Temescal Canyon Road…..there's a place along there that everyone stops at…Tom's Farms…...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A welcome from India. I'm sure you'll find all the answers to your questions.

Yessir…..I'm liking this forum……it's kinda slow but a lot of good ideas and info….

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi-I'm also from SoCal and have a street 750-I'm a beginner. Trying to get use to the speed! It's not like the bikes they train you on! Any tips? How long did it take your wife to get use to it? It really is my first time ever on a bike. I haven't even rode a dirt bike. You just give it a little gas and it takes off. It's a little unsettling. It also hard to find a good place to even ride around here in SoCal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi-I'm also from SoCal and have a street 750-I'm a beginner. Trying to get use to the speed! It's not like the bikes they train you on! Any tips?
For a start out biker the 750 is a good choice. Yes it may be quicker than the 500 that you get trained on, but one factor that is a plus is it's stability and good seating position, at standstill and after starting off.

You will soon master your 750 and then have miles of open road to enjoy it. Ride safe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts