Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO
I wanted to introduce my two bikes (the other one belongs to my wife) with the idea for the side rack and the rear rack.
I chose the side racks from a German company: FEHLING (selected from Honda CTX 700 N, (RC68) 2014). Website adress: Fehling)
The trunk is pulled from Aliexpress (store: CarMotorParts Store) or just type in the search engine: XG750A.

Here are our bikes

At the front, I put on :
Deflector Screen: company Nationalcycle (Deflector Screen™ for Harley-Davidson®)

I hope you will enjoy the ideas presented

Greetings from Poland

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
614 Posts
I like the side racks you used! I don't hardly see them except in the close up views, but they are plenty sturdy for supporting soft saddlebags or as an attachment point. How did you figure out that the Honda rack would work?

On my Street 750 I couldn't find anything except the chrome saddle bag supports. The universal ones that are 3 chromed bars that bolt into the fender bolts. I wanted something blacked out. The big tip going around at the time was to use the sari guards that the Indian bikes came equipped with. These have a few extra cross bars which are extra weight and are very visible when the bags aren't mounted.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
614 Posts
Some searching showed that these sometimes come up on eBay. Looks like the manufacturer part number is:
Manufacturer:Fehling
Manufacturer Nr:378-013

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I adjusted the side racks by looking for a flat mounting and the spacing of the mounting bolts by looking at the illustrative photos on the website of the German manufacturer (Fehling). When you go to his website, there are illustrative photos - you can sort by different motorcycle models. It took me a while to adjust, but in the era of online shopping (you can return it after 14 days) it's not a problem. I had a rear rack mounted before so I was looking to use at least one mounting point. I made the second point by drilling a hole (diameter 8) in a flat bar at the rear frame ("long" drill - pay attention to the bundles of cables from the rear lights).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts