Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All-

This week's multi-season report focuses on Sidi's new Deep Rain boots, which attempt to bridge the divide between full featured ADV boots and a more affordable price point via extensive use of synthetic materials. How did they hold up? Tune in to find out!

-MKL

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sorry, but I still think these are "Spammy" posts.

Reactions: LithiumZero

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sorry, but I still think these are "Spammy" posts.
Totally agree.

Posting a review in response to someone's question, is helpful. If someone said "What boots should I consider" and you said "hey, I did a review on those boots just last week", then that'd be fine.

But you're pretty much just pushing unasked-for content on us. That's spammy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No spam intended. This forum is rather unique (among the forums I frequent) in that there is really no dedicated space for product reviews. You might find that helpful - a section where members can post their real-world experiences with products they buy and try, to help other members make good buying choices. On some of my BMW forums, for example, they have these actually broken down to electronics, and then all separate pieces of gear (jackets, helmets, gloves, boots, etc.) and then another for accessories specific to a certain model (e.g., Street,) Makes it very helpful.

Again, I'm only trying to give back for some of the knowledge I'm picking up in here. If you all would rather I just lurk, that's fine for me too. It's not my intention to spam anyone, and again - I'm a motojournalist. I write these reviews for a living. I'm not selling anything, not making commission, etc. etc. It's just something I do for fun, because I log a pretty good amount of miles per year on and have a chance to test lots of gear as a result.

-MKL

·
Registered
504 Posts
I find it much more beneficial when riders share their "HD Street" knowledge, problems, issues or bikes with the other Members on here. That's why I'm on here. Not to get "spammy" posts about Non-HD Street stuff.

If I want that, I'll Google it

Not one of your posts is "HD Street" specific, sorry.

Reactions: skeive

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's correct. I don't have a Street. As I said before I'm here to learn about them before a potential purchase. So no, I'm not going to be able to impart Street-specific knowledge here. That said I have published over 100 published motorcycle articles in national magazines, so I was just sharing what I know (mostly gear tests which apply to any motorcycle rider - helmets, boots, jackets, pants, gloves, electronics, etc.) in exchange for what I'm learning here. If it upsets people for whatever reason, I'll just go back to lurking.

-MKL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts