Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought on Ebay from California for $150.
I mistakingly thought it came with a extra baffle because a photo in the ad of the back side view looked like a baffle to me so I figured I would have a couple options. Turns out there was no baffle. I don't know if they offer any or if I can maybe take the end off the stock one or not.
I love the loud sound but have back firing when I let off the throttle or down shift etc.
I know this is because the ECU is dumping fuel.
Trying to figure out if I should do the end cap swap or look into getting the ECU programmed for the change in the exhaust.
Also there's that pesky CAT.
I'll make more comments and upload photos and video if possible. Just getting to know the capabilities for uploads here! Bear with me.
VRROOOOOMMM! Here we GO!
Original Exhaust photos:
Sleeve Human leg Mail Metal Wrist

Door Gas Wood Tints and shades Cylinder

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wheel Tire

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought on Ebay from California for $150.
I mistakingly thought it came with a extra baffle because a photo in the ad of the back side view looked like a baffle to me so I figured I would have a couple options. Turns out there was no baffle. I don't know if they offer any or if I can maybe take the end off the stock one or not.
I love the loud sound but have back firing when I let off the throttle or down shift etc.
I know this is because the ECU is dumping fuel.
Trying to figure out if I should do the end cap swap or look into getting the ECU programmed for the change in the exhaust.
Also there's that pesky CAT.
I'll make more comments and upload photos and video if possible. Just getting to know the capabilities for uploads here! Bear with me.
VRROOOOOMMM! Here we GO!
Original Exhaust photos: View attachment 28662
View attachment 28661

View attachment 28660
I assume you can't upoad video here, so I'll upoad the sound video to Youtube and post a link, I think;)

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Stock muffler back end view, NO LIGHT period. ( Per design?) There was some loose material in side. Haven't opened it up yet. (unfortunately this photo doesn't show the baffle cuz it's too dark)

Sky Plant Tints and shades Tree Shade

Weight of Stock muffler removed. 10lbs.
Plant Gas Bumper Gadget Office equipment

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New pipe on getting the heat wrap back on.
One suggestion I have is get new wrap if you can afford. It had started to deteriorate and as an after thought, while getting exposed to fiberglass dust, I would have worn a mask and gloves.;(
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Bicycle part Vehicle

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New pipe on. The heat shield didn't go on perfectly probably because of the way I re-wrapped the CAT and pipe and had it slid back a little too far. (I noticed from the before photo, there is a gap between the heat shield and pipe
end.)
Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Light Automotive tire

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well, I didn't get the before sound video but I think everyone is familiar with the sewing machine sound.
After sound link here:

Well, still have sewing machine sound, but that's alright. It's kinda that high techy peppy FI sound that kinda grows on you after awhile and there is quite a contrast to what is coming out the back!
Smooth Roads/Trails !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts