Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to get a photo from my dealerships only 2017 product brochure. I took the pic with my smart phone so you may need to expand the pic to read it. This year ABS brakes is an Option and not standard equipment along with an alarm system. When I looked in the Catalog, I could see that Harley has been paying attention to this forum as to the new products being offered up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I was there at my "Chapel" when they unloaded the trailer with the 2017 Models!!! Helped them with some of it. Helped push the bikes off the pallets. Helped the forklift driver stack them. Then reload the empty stacks of pallets back onto the trailer. Basically an extra set of eyes to help him line up. And the next day when the 2017 Demo Fleet arrived!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
After all that has been written in these forums and elsewhere around the world about the dangerous mirrors H-D elected to use on the 2015-2016 models, my bet is on that there will still be no change in the type and style of mirrors on the 2017 models.
You should have put some money on that bet. I'm having trouble finding part numbers for the extensions to rectify the problem. Wondering if those were discontinued.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ok so now abs is an option along with possibly a tachometer? 2 tone paint scheme I am not fond of nor is it a performance breaker for me.... Abs I'd consider and the tachometer definitely...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2017 XG750 Street Rod

Has anyone here had a chance to look at the 2017 1/2 750 Street Rod up close and personal? From the looks of it on paper and pics, its seems the peeps at Harley Davidson have been paying attention to our forum and have come up with a "Third" version of the Streets. If you haven't seen it yet, here is a link...

2017 Street Rod | Harley-Davidson USA

·
Registered
335 Posts
I asked about the Street Rod yesterday at a dealer; they said that they're out in some northeast dealerships but not across the country yet.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I spoke to two dealerships here in SE Wisconsin and they said they should be receiving one this coming week. My dealership said they would text me when they got it. I certainly want to give that bike a test ride.

·
Registered
33 Posts
In UE for 2017 both, ABS and alarm (FOB) are not in option but in standard. Apart form this I'd like to point out one additional change- new electrical harness (as a result- tacho and gear indicator that works similar to the Sporter's one: on the one line display you can have either full distance or trip A/B or watch or gear/RPMs). The harness it's not so shabby looking as it was in 2015 model when all wires were so exposed...

I was test-riding the 2015 model two years ago and had a very mixed impressions (very nice riding bike but the breaks and wires exposed...). When was looking for a new bike I accidentally visited HD dealership and thanks to the changes they made for 2017 became Street owner :D

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Got the word it has left Harley Factory and on its way to my dealer. Hopefully the end of the week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In UE for 2017 both, ABS and alarm (FOB) are not in option but in standard. Apart form this I'd like to point out one additional change- new electrical harness (as a result- tacho and gear indicator that works similar to the Sporter's one: on the one line display you can have either full distance or trip A/B or watch or gear/RPMs).
All correct, got the ABS, FOB and the one line display with several options.
Since I don't care about time and which gear I'm in it is always in total km's :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I sat on one..it sits higher than the street and has foot protection on the exhaust.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts