Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Haha, a wiener that makes more money while sleeping than most make in a week and likely far more.
I won't forgive the [email protected]@rd for closing Buell. Friggen wanker from the HVAC biz with no riding experience at all before taking over as CEO at Harley, and the first two things he does is sell MV Agusta and shut down Buell. I just want to press his face into a spinning rear tire.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rumours are going on about FIAT buying MV Agusta. FIAT gonna nurture the company well with plethora of exotic marques under its umbrella.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Rumours are going on about FIAT buying MV Agusta. FIAT gonna nurture the company well with plethora of exotic marques under its umbrella.
Oh I hope not.... Ferrari is ok becasue they're allowed to operate autonomously, sometimes lending a hand with Mazzas, but good god look at the travesty they're turning Maserati into, Chrysler platforms and buttons and rattles. Alfa romeos 4 years of new 5 year plans... NO, NO, NO!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah there are talks about new FCA and new logo headquartered in London. These people are gonna dilute the brand identity.

Also platform sharing that's way too much. Already an Alfa Romeo as Dodge couldn't be digested. That's like Taylor Swift with Arnold Shwarzanegger's muscles.

Sacrilege....!!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Oh I hope not.... Ferrari is ok becasue they're allowed to operate autonomously, sometimes lending a hand with Mazzas, but good god look at the travesty they're turning Maserati into, Chrysler platforms and buttons and rattles. Alfa romeos 4 years of new 5 year plans... NO, NO, NO!
The legacy Chrysler platforms are all based on Mercedes Benz platforms stretched dimensionally and often with steel substituted for aluminum in the suspension. Is this a bad thing?

The nav system Ferrari uses is sourced from the Dodge Caravan. Somehow this does not send the entire planet cascading down a worm hole into a parallel universe.

Are you saying the U Connect system in a Dodge Dart is somehow less usable than BMWs iDrive (iQuit) crap or Audis MMI, Multi Media Interface (Multi Frustration Interface), or do expensive cars require infotainment systems that would frustrate a C+++ programmer to be worthy of an expensive car? Are the window switches in question really any less usable or less nice looking than those in a similarly priced Mercedes or Audi (which shares switch gear and drive line components with VWs without outraging anyone). Just asking.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The legacy Chrysler platforms are all based on Mercedes Benz platforms stretched dimensionally and often with steel substituted for aluminum in the suspension. Is this a bad thing?

The nav system Ferrari uses is sourced from the Dodge Caravan. Somehow this does not send the entire planet cascading down a worm hole into a parallel universe.

Are you saying the U Connect system in a Dodge Dart is somehow less usable than BMWs iDrive (iQuit) crap or Audis MMI, Multi Media Interface (Multi Frustration Interface), or do expensive cars require infotainment systems that would frustrate a C+++ programmer to be worthy of an expensive car? Are the window switches in question really any less usable or less nice looking than those in a similarly priced Mercedes or Audi (which shares switch gear and drive line components with VWs without outraging anyone). Just asking.
No Uconnect is one of the best features the ghibli has going for it ;) the problem with the masser is that they brought themselves down to compete with BMW/Merc/Audi and it was expected they could surpass those three in terms of quality and they didnt. The inside is plasticy, the doors and speakers rattle and throttle response is equal to limping cat.

Audi is at least open about where their bones came from, Maserati is intentionally obfuscating, they said the Ghibli was not on an LX platform, but a QP platform, fine except the QP is on an LX platform as well...

Thats what irks me about it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I won't forgive the [email protected]@rd for closing Buell. Friggen wanker from the HVAC biz with no riding experience at all before taking over as CEO at Harley, and the first two things he does is sell MV Agusta and shut down Buell. I just want to press his face into a spinning rear tire.
D.T., why don't you just quit beating around the bush, and tell us how you really feel.:p

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Dodge Dart is based on Alfa Romeo Giulietta. Just couldn't digest it. Alfa is a sporty chic upmarket brand very Italian and Dodge is Brute and very American. There should be brand identities. With VW and Audi both are German so give and take but here it's like outcomes are gonna be Mongrels.

Last thing I can think of is a Dodge Viper based on a Ferrari/Maserati platform with Italian engine tuned for American tastes reading Magnetti Marelli in all its ancillary parts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts