Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summers are at their peak and sun is shining bright. Temperatures are soaring everywhere; in this extreme weather I couldn't resist bringing up the question-"Which Sunglasses all you guys wear to protect your eyes?"

We have had discussions about Helmets, Armour etc. but none for eye wear and this is the right time I think. Your views are welcome :cool:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I ditched sunglasses while riding by purchasing a helmet with a shaded inner visor/shield. Jamming sunglasses into a helmet sucks... never again for me. Shaded outer helmet shields are nice, until night time. The dual shield helmets with a clear outer and a shaded inner are the answer to that age old problem. Most helmet manufacturers have them available now. Did I mention jamming sunglasses into a helmet sucks?

I wear sunglasses all the time other than when riding. No particular brand, but nothing expensive. My last sunglass purchase was a package of Dewalt shaded safety glasses. I leave a pair in each vehicle, including my bikes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ditched sunglasses while riding by purchasing a helmet with a shaded inner visor/shield. Jamming sunglasses into a helmet sucks... never again for me. Shaded outer helmet shields are nice, until night time. The dual shield helmets with a clear outer and a shaded inner are the answer to that age old problem. Most helmet manufacturers have them available now. Did I mention jamming sunglasses into a helmet sucks?

I wear sunglasses all the time other than when riding. No particular brand, but nothing expensive. My last sunglass purchase was a package of Dewalt shaded safety glasses. I leave a pair in each vehicle, including my bikes.
+1. I have a thousand pairs from back in the day. They just sit in a box in the closet.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts

Yes I know that pain exactly. Might have to look in to a full face with an integrated sun visor.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

that's really the best way to go about it, kill two birds with one stone. plus as you said, these days it's so easy to get it in a lot of helmets so why not!

·
Registered
548 Posts
there are a couple companies now making tinted tear offs for race applications. I don't see why as a regular rider one couldn't just purchase a stack of tinted tear off's and only use one over your clear visor for day time sunny riding and simply tear it off as light recedes. Something I'm considering playing around with, not sure if its really worth it, we'll see...

·
Registered
9 Posts
there are a couple companies now making tinted tear offs for race applications. I don't see why as a regular rider one couldn't just purchase a stack of tinted tear off's and only use one over your clear visor for day time sunny riding and simply tear it off as light recedes. Something I'm considering playing around with, not sure if its really worth it, we'll see...
My experience with tear offs (yours might be different) is that they come stacked together. You cant really peel one off the stack and then re-stick it back on the shield....they dont re-stick well.

·
Registered
548 Posts
My experience with tear offs (yours might be different) is that they come stacked together. You cant really peel one off the stack and then re-stick it back on the shield....they dont re-stick well.
same here, I was thinking about trying tape or perhaps a temporary adhesive. I've heard there will be "transitions" visors on the market shortly. Like the eye glasses that auto tint based on UV's...

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've heard there will be "transitions" visors on the market shortly. Like the eye glasses that auto tint based on UV's...
I have a pair of goggles I used on my 4 wheeler that darkened in bright sunlight. Think they are made by Smiths.:confused: They don't darken alot, but enough to reduce the glare AND stop the headaches I'd get sometimes.

·
Registered
548 Posts

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts