Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a sound system on my street 500. Looks and sounds great. They mounted where the front turn signals are. I will attempt to upload vids and pics. Also added a zip tie to further secure speakers just in case. Even with screaming Eagles it sounds great and is heard easily. The speakers are 'Pyle cycle series plmca40' and are about 4 inches. Comes with remote, am/fm radio function, etc. the amp is kept in my saddle bags and easily removed if you don't wanna risk leaving it in there (would recommend bags with locks or luggage locks). The street has virtually no add on room under the seat. This model has an aux cord but would recommend Bluetooth sets for convenience. Contact with any questions.
Link to vid:
http://youtu.be/M_FY_cBsB-E

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
766 Posts
I like my Bluetooth stereo headset with boom mike.

I can listen to Pandora without any commercials, take phone calls, and even talk to other riders that have similar devices.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Never understood having a sound system on a motorcycle, honestly. That is what my car is for.

The only thing I want to hear is my engine and exhaust. IMHO.

·
Registered
766 Posts
sometimes I enjoy listening to music when riding.

sometimes I don't...the sound of the bike is my music too.

the reason I wear a Bluetooth headset is for me to hear, and not others.

but when I do listen to music what I don't like is commercials. even when I watch tv at home, I don't like being assaulted with all the corporate commercials, and especially infomercials!

whether listening to music while riding, or at home I only listen to commercial free music. I'd rather pay a small subscription rather than all the repeating mind numbing commercials. as far as tv at home, only commercial free tv, such as Netflix. but I rarely watch tv anyway. the only news I get is from my internet home page. I will not ever watch any corporate news media ever!

anyway, many times music while riding can be an additional enjoyment to my riding. sometimes it can even set the pace. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sometimes I enjoy listening to music when riding.

sometimes I don't...the sound of the bike is my music too.

the reason I wear a Bluetooth headset is for me to hear, and not others.

but when I do listen to music what I don't like is commercials. even when I watch tv at home, I don't like being assaulted with all the corporate commercials, and especially infomercials!

whether listening to music while riding, or at home I only listen to commercial free music. I'd rather pay a small subscription rather than all the repeating mind numbing commercials. as far as tv at home, only commercial free tv, such as Netflix. but I rarely watch tv anyway. the only news I get is from my internet home page. I will not ever watch any corporate news media ever!

anyway, many times music while riding can be an additional enjoyment to my riding. sometimes it can even set the pace. :D
Never understood having a sound system on a motorcycle, honestly. That is what my car is for.

The only thing I want to hear is my engine and exhaust. IMHO.
If you love music you'll appreciate it on the open road especially on a long trip. The tune of your exhaust will get you but so far. It's a far from necessary mod to say the least. I love hearing my screaming eagles roaring down the road and you'll hear them way before my speakers despite how loud they can be. Yet neither overpowers each other. Music on your helmet headset is a great option as well and has great communication potential with other riders. I personally used to use one or keep ear phones which most will tell you can be slightly dangerous. The music being right at your hear can obstruct sound from your surroundings and/or prevent pinpointing the source of a sound.

Ever been in a car blasting loud music and still heard car horns or the exhaust of a nearby vehicle? That would happen less riding in a car with your 'Beats By Dre' playing. I know it's not exactly the same but was some of my reasoning... That and it's cool lol. Plus Other Harley's have them so why do we have to be left out?

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you love music you'll appreciate it on the open road especially on a long trip. The tune of your exhaust will get you but so far. It's a far from necessary mod to say the least. I love hearing my screaming eagles roaring down the road and you'll hear them way before my speakers despite how loud they can be. Yet neither overpowers each other. Music on your helmet headset is a great option as well and has great communication potential with other riders. I personally used to use one or keep ear phones which most will tell you can be slightly dangerous. The music being right at your hear can obstruct sound from your surroundings and/or prevent pinpointing the source of a sound.

Ever been in a car blasting loud music and still heard car horns or the exhaust of a nearby vehicle? That would happen less riding in a car with your 'Beats By Dre' playing. I know it's not exactly the same but was some of my reasoning... That and it's cool lol. Plus Other Harley's have them so why do we have to be left out?
If I made long trips than maybe I would understand, but I usually keep it under 40 miles per ride. Dunno, just a weird thing of mine I guess.

I love music but I like to experience music by itself when I'm not doing anything else. (I do like music in my car though).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed a sound system on my street 500. Looks and sounds great. They mounted where the front turn signals are. I will attempt to upload vids and pics. Also added a zip tie to further secure speakers just in case. Even with screaming Eagles it sounds great and is heard easily. The speakers are 'Pyle cycle series plmca40' and are about 4 inches. Comes with remote, am/fm radio function, etc. the amp is kept in my saddle bags and easily removed if you don't wanna risk leaving it in there (would recommend bags with locks or luggage locks). The street has virtually no add on room under the seat. This model has an aux cord but would recommend Bluetooth sets for convenience. Contact with any questions.
Link to vid:
http://youtu.be/M_FY_cBsB-E
Hey..I bought myself the Boss MCBK400 speaker system for Street 750 and tried to DIMyself. i did a dry run by hooking up the two power wires to the + and - of the battery directly. Thats how it is shown on the circuit diagram that came with the speakers.
But I realised that this will mean that the Amp wll be drawing power all the time irrespective of whether the ignition is on or not. There is no On/Off swith on the amp either.
Now, I would want to wire the amp so that it only turns on when the ignition is on.
Any help appreciated. I am not too electrically savvy BTW.. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts