Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am not 100% sure, but I believe the answer is "NO", they will not fit. There is a company, TuffSide, which offers aluminum spoked rims, but they aren't exactly cheap. Still you can use the stock pulley and brake rotors, as their rear has the internal cush drive adapter built in.

chappell customs Harley Street 500/750 custom wheels

·
Registered
367 Posts
Tuffside is selling spoke wheels from the company in cali that sells Harley spoke wheels. Extremely pricey and I'm not sure if it would be cheaper to buy direct as I've not asked about then since they began selling them.

According to a few of the hdcustomkings builders they have used Sportster wheels or hubs. I've also been told nightster which I believe is also a sportster model. That said, they did mention needing to make custom spacers and modifying for the street sprocket to mount.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Will sportster rims be a direct fit? I want some spoke wheels.
Short answer, no. Need a rim with a hub that will accept the compensator. I know some dealerships where taking bigger rims though and welding the compensator to the rim and then drilling them for the king of the street builds. Shouldn't be long now though and there should be some options on the market.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! sucks they won't. And I'm not feeling spending 1900 on some neither.

I will keep my eyes out...it would be great if there was a DIY on fitting some onto a street, though.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Tuffside is selling spoke wheels from the company in cali that sells Harley spoke wheels. Extremely pricey and I'm not sure if it would be cheaper to buy direct as I've not asked about then since they began selling them.

According to a few of the hdcustomkings builders they have used Sportster wheels or hubs. I've also been told nightster which I believe is also a sportster model. That said, they did mention needing to make custom spacers and modifying for the street sprocket to mount.
Yeah...$2 grand for spoke rims? They can keep their junk.....much better quality for around the same price and most cases even less.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok Lets bump this to 2018

Now - what are the options out there for this bike.

Have Harley Davidson provided the options/support for people to customise this model off the shelf.

Have we found spoked rims to suit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts