Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Current setup:
2006 dyna 88"
stock cam
Big Sucker AC
V&H straight shots

I am doing a stage II with an Andrews 37H cam because I plan to open the heads up to a 98" in the future. I currently have the SE stage I map installed and own the tuner. I also have the stage II for the SE 203 cam map but it is for the 95". Avoiding getting the dyno tune until I get the stage III done should I stick with the stage I map? I have done a comparison of the stage I 88" and 95" stage I maps and have taken the differences and applied them to the 95" stage II map. I am thinking of trying this map out as a comparison to my modified stage I map. If no one sees an issue with this I will post up results of data gathering with track tuning.

·
Registered
112 Posts
In my humble opinion, the SE tuner is your first mistake but it is what it is. Most dealership 'Dyno Tunes' are nothing more than simply loading a new map onto your programer with your new variables taken into account and then taking your bike around the block. Most people are worried about their warranty however, and don't have the stones to do it themselves and treat the mechanics word as gospel.

If you were to say, pick up a Power Commander V with auto tune, you could flip a switch, take it out for a ride and let it tune itself. There are other tuners out there as well, and it boils down to calling them, giving them your engine variables and waiting a little bit for them to build you a custom map.

I'm all for creating your own map I'd just hate to see a guy burn up his engine because they thought it would be good idea to try and build their own map. If you're going to punch the engine though, I'd imagine you would be rebuilding the internals anyways?

What do the fuel ratio's look like between your two maps?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts