Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My 2015 Street 750 just started the Start and Stall again. Hasn't done it in months. So far it only happens the 1st start of the day. When the engine is Cold. On Thursday I had to get gas. So I filled it up. Added a 4 oz. bottle of "Mechanic in a Bottle". Took the K&N(Drop in) filter out to clean it. It was full of bugs. Checked the T-Plate. Was a little dirty. Used some Berryman Carb spray. Ran the engine with the Air Filter off. You can just feel the Blow By coming out the breather tube. The bike was ridden about 12 miles. Sat for about 1/2 hour . So it was still hot when I worked on it. Have not had a chance to ride it. T-storms and High Heat Index. Maybe on Sunday I will take it to work.

·
Registered
75 Posts
milage request

hey y'all write in your milage when you get these problems iffn you please it'll help me out and any service tech workin on the bike ,like, yourself i like to keep records of my stuff and it will let me and maybe some others what to look out for k thanks

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have about 3300 Miles. It has happened the last two times I went to use it. If the Weather is good, I'll take it in on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have not been able to Ride since Thursday. Rain almost daily. Today it started and stalled again. Did manage to run to the bank and the PO. So the Cleaner is mixed with the gas. And started hitting the Injectors. Hooked up my FP3 today. 1st time since I Reflashed the computer. Checked for Updates. None. No Codes. Tomorrow I am going on a Long, 80+ miles ride with some guys. Hopefully the cleaner will cure it. Otherwise I need to leave with my dealer. As it only happens when the engine is Cold. 1st start of the day.

On another note, My Schumacher Tender stated the Battery at 73% after riding a few miles. Charging now.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I haven't had that problem since the dealer changed that fuel pump in September until now I had it stall when I started it on me this morning
getting ready to come home from work 1st time its happened so I let you all know if I have more troubles. Take care and Ride Safe!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I changed my spark plugs and wires. All was good for a week, this morning stalled. Lunch time start was no issue, but is concerning that this problem will continue again and was the very reason I changed my plugs/wires to begin with. If anyone finds a cause and cure please let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Dealer suggested I check the Plugs for Fowling.

So far it has only been the 1st start of the day. I have been using Premium 92-93 Octane. Wonder if that has something to do with it??

I just put roughly 120 Miles on it today. So that "Mechanic in a Bottle" has already run through the Fuel System.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just had a thought here. I have had it happen in the past, Mostly during Winter. The Idle Air Control Valve sticks. And cause it to stall. Problem is to access it. According to the manual, You need to Lift the Tank. Remove the Air Cleaner housing. The remove the Induction Unit. There is a couple of O Rings. One in front of. And one between the Induction and Manifold.

I ordered the V&H Air Cleaner Assembly. When it comes I'll take a look at it.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Service Writer suggested Maybe the Battery? Checked at the Tender Harness. 12.59V Key Off. Key On, Engine Off 12.05V. Just came off Tender.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since I put 120+ Miles on the Street on Wed, It has started and stayed running. Maybe its something with the Gas?? I put a bottle of "Mechanic in a Bottle" in last Thursday. When I had about 75 Miles on the Trip Odometer I topped off at a Mobil station. Using their Premium. When I was done riding, I stopped at my local Sunoco. And topped it off with Ultra 93. And has started and ran every time.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i can also assume it's the fuel, i haven't had a crank start n stall episode since switching to Shell V-Power 95 RON for the 750. it's considered mid-grade as the premium is 97 RON and labeled as Racing; which is what i put into my carbuerated honda 125cc scooter -- using lower grade unleaded has always gunked up its carbuerator which also leads to stalling issues

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We use a 10% Ethanol Blend here in NJ. Most Racing Fuel, I'm told, is Straight Gas.

If it is the Fuel, Runs fine after the Start then Stall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts