Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Street 750. I bought it brand new 3 months back.

My Stock exhausts color has started to fade. There are patches on the entire black heat shield . I am attaching the pic.

Does anyone else facing this issue? why is this happening ?

Regards
Chirash

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
@CR,

"Does anyone else facing this issue?"

I didn't leave mine on long enough to find out. This is all the more reason to switch to any one of the, far better, after market exhausts.

·
Registered
367 Posts
No issues in the 2 and a half months I had it on. And with no cover and daily use it held up until a woman hit me and pushed it in to the swing arm bolt. Even rubbed most the paint transfer off without fading until I bought a replacement.

·
Registered
766 Posts
it seems at the price range of our bikes we aren't supposed to expect, safe mirrors, dependable fuel delivery to the engine, nor a quality finish of a factory exhaust.
much less emergency flashers, a tach, gear indicator, ....etc...etc...that the competition has!....gotta pay for the name first, then replace all that they skimped on!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have seen this before when cleaning solution ( sometimes leather or shock oil) gets on the exaust and gets bakes on...

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have seen this before when cleaning solution ( sometimes leather or shock oil) gets on the exaust and gets bakes on...
Good point. I cleaned my bike only once with purple power and a pressure washer. I rode to much to keep her pretty while black. Haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts