Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
623 Posts
Touching story StoneFree, please keep us in the loop with how the project progresses, would love to see plenty of pics along the way. :D

My condolences for your loss but i suppose nothing will be able to separate you from the memories and experience you soaked up tagging along with big brother..

Glad to have you along for the ride.

· Registered
623 Posts
My brother really was an exceptional person that lived 100% everyday burning the candle at both ends. At age 70 he just burnt out and left nothing on the table. I learned so much from him not just about motorcycles and cars but life as well. I both miss him and don't miss him at the same time. In one sense he's gone and in another he never will be.

BTW an intersting side note. He won many first place trophies for both cars and mototcycles but it was only a couple of years ago when I won first place with a motorcycle in a show. It was for a 1976 Harley-Davidson SS-250 restoration (picture attached that I've shown before). He was very pleased and proud that I managed to build a motorcyle that won first place because it "made me equal" to all of his first place wins. There's nothing better than "being first" in anything we do. My SS-250 has won first in every judged show it's been in which is way cool.

Stone Free II also has to be a "First Place" motorcycle when it's done so every effort is going into meeting that goal.
Honestly I'm the oldest of three brothers and that life long camaraderie is something I hope my brothers and I will be able to enjoy. The youngest is just finishing up college so we got a ways to go :D

Your SS is downright gorgeous and it deserves every single win its earned, heres to hoping the same fate falls on Stone Free II!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.