Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and fairly new bikes, so bare with me. I will be buying a street 500 soon.

I've noticed everyone talking about slip on exhausts.

Why not spend some coin and get custom straight through pipes? I've seen a video on YouTube with some and it sounded and looked great. I'll share the link if I can.

Also what is the Vanc and Hines programmer I've been reading about? What does it do?

Sorry I'm such a noob lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got some straight through drag style pipes made n put on mine and wrapped them with black exhaust wrap they sound great and where cheaper than buying a slipon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got some straight through drag style pipes made n put on mine and wrapped them with black exhaust wrap they sound great and where cheaper than buying a slipon

Would love to see some pics if you have them mate, they sound like the exact look I'm wanting to go for.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Allotta hours in there i pulled it all on in one go .
I done - rear fender removed, cut up a sportster fender to replace it, tank lift, new seat, key relocation , speedo relocation, new risers, air suspension with compressor under seat . Ive spent prob 3-4 hours everyday for last 3 weeks to get her to that stage and still got a fair few bits and pieces to finish off. But really happy with the progress so far !

·
Registered
58 Posts
Allotta hours in there i pulled it all on in one go .
I done - rear fender removed, cut up a sportster fender to replace it, tank lift, new seat, key relocation , speedo relocation, new risers, air suspension with compressor under seat . Ive spent prob 3-4 hours everyday for last 3 weeks to get her to that stage and still got a fair few bits and pieces to finish off. But really happy with the progress so far !

How did you go about raising the tank? It's something I've been thinking about doing, being 6 feet tall my knees come slightly over the tank

·
Registered
29 Posts
I made a bracket for the front with 2 bolts and a metal plate, and a bracket on the back to offset the mounting hole and lift it an 1" only thing is i had to move the tank back slightly because the forks hit the tank so unless u completely change the seat It wouldnt be possible the way i done it . I will get some photos of the brackets in the next few days for ya

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reece that bike is bloody nice mate!

That rear fender looks great too!

I'm really interested to see how the 2017 streets will come out, I'm hoping they make some nice cosmetic changes....

·
Registered
29 Posts
If u do go the straight through exhaust and change your air cleaner u will need to tune it and my local hd dealer said flash tuning would not be any good so i had to get a screamin eagle tuner and get it tuned at over $1k

·
Registered
29 Posts
How did you go about raising the tank? It's something I've been thinking about doing, being 6 feet tall my knees come slightly over the tank

Hey mate here are the photos of the 2 brackets i made up for the tank lift. I also had to extend the fuel hose that links both sides of tank and am getting a new hose made from the fuel pump to the injectors as the original one has kinks in it because the tank is higher

1 - 20 of 31 Posts