Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im just waiting on getting the fwd controls before i can remove the old exhaust bracket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please please please make a video showing how you made the tank lift and put on the sportster fender. I love the build you got going on

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey mate here are the photos of the 2 brackets i made up for the tank lift. I also had to extend the fuel hose that links both sides of tank and am getting a new hose made from the fuel pump to the injectors as the original one has kinks in it because the tank is higher

Hey Reace. Great job on your bike. When you cut the frame did you have to get it approved and a new compliance plate fitted or anything like that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im just waiting on getting the fwd controls before i can remove the old exhaust bracket

Where did you get that exhuast ive been looking for a while for a style just like that. Im currently running the V&H high output.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
704 Posts
If you hover your cursor over the member names it will tell you that most of the participants of this thread haven't been around for years, so don't expect a lot of responses. That's a problem with resurrecting zombie threads. Maybe somebody else with straight pipes can help.

One thing you run into with straight pipes as opposed to the current 2-into-1 exhaust is that the decreased back pressure reduces torque. For a correctly designed exhaust the puff of exhaust from one cylinder going out the exhaust actually helps to draw out the next puff of exhaust when that cylinder fires. You lose that with straight pipes. As far as I'm concerned these bikes need all the help they can get.

You also get into having to retune the ECM with such a radical change to the exhaust, which is something you can get by without doing for most slip on exhausts. Figure on adding another $300+ to the job to buy the tuner.

Reactions: Lesblank

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently bought a street 750 that came with a unmuffled exhaust from the cat backwards. I can't speak to the torque drop as I never had it with the stock exhaust, but the sound is amazing and loud

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
704 Posts
I have since been told on another thread that the torque drop I spoke of earlier isn't really a thing on most modern vehicles. It may have been a deal on old two stroke engines.

Reactions: Lesblank

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got some straight through drag style pipes made n put on mine and wrapped them with black exhaust wrap they sound great and where cheaper than buying a slipon

I got some straight through drag style pipes made n put on mine and wrapped them with black exhaust wrap they sound great and where cheaper than buying a slipon

What air intake is that. Also who did you call to get you the pipes and where did you buy the silver things on the end and the exhaust wrap?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts