Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey mate here are the photos of the 2 brackets i made up for the tank lift. I also had to extend the fuel hose that links both sides of tank and am getting a new hose made from the fuel pump to the injectors as the original one has kinks in it because the tank is higher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Reace. Great job on your bike. When you cut the frame did you have to get it approved and a new compliance plate fitted or anything like that?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
781 Posts
If you hover your cursor over the member names it will tell you that most of the participants of this thread haven't been around for years, so don't expect a lot of responses. That's a problem with resurrecting zombie threads. Maybe somebody else with straight pipes can help.

One thing you run into with straight pipes as opposed to the current 2-into-1 exhaust is that the decreased back pressure reduces torque. For a correctly designed exhaust the puff of exhaust from one cylinder going out the exhaust actually helps to draw out the next puff of exhaust when that cylinder fires. You lose that with straight pipes. As far as I'm concerned these bikes need all the help they can get.

You also get into having to retune the ECM with such a radical change to the exhaust, which is something you can get by without doing for most slip on exhausts. Figure on adding another $300+ to the job to buy the tuner.

Reactions: Lesblank

·
Super Moderator
781 Posts
I have since been told on another thread that the torque drop I spoke of earlier isn't really a thing on most modern vehicles. It may have been a deal on old two stroke engines.

Reactions: Lesblank

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got some straight through drag style pipes made n put on mine and wrapped them with black exhaust wrap they sound great and where cheaper than buying a slipon

I got some straight through drag style pipes made n put on mine and wrapped them with black exhaust wrap they sound great and where cheaper than buying a slipon

What air intake is that. Also who did you call to get you the pipes and where did you buy the silver things on the end and the exhaust wrap?

·
Super Moderator
781 Posts
I suspect that most people go with slip on exhaust instead of a full, straight through system on these bikes is that there is such a thing as being too loud.

It's also a thing of the slip on exhaust being a quick, easy, and inexpensive change that doesn't involve bolting anything new directly to the engine. After market mufflers also can be done without tuning the EFI whereas I'm pretty sure a wide open exhaust does.

Some people, including myself. have heard that going with a straight through exhaust reduces the back pressure in the exhaust system and actually reduces the overall power output of the engine. I learned on another forum that is actually an issue with two stroke engines of the past and not so much with modern engines.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sospetto che la maggior parte delle persone vada con lo scarico slip on invece di un sistema completo e diretto su queste bici è che c'è una cosa come essere troppo rumorosa.

È anche una cosa del fatto che lo scarico slip on sia un cambiamento rapido, facile ed economico che non comporta il fissaggio di nulla di nuovo direttamente al motore. Anche i silenziatori after market possono essere fatti senza sintonizzare l'EFI, mentre sono abbastanza sicuro che uno scarico completamente aperto lo faccia.

Alcune persone, me compreso. ho sentito che andare con uno scarico diretto riduce la contropressione nel sistema di scarico e riduce effettivamente la potenza complessiva del motore. Ho appreso su un altro forum che in realtà è un problema con i motori a due tempi del passato e non tanto con i motori moderni.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts