Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
curious what people think about boring out the motors. how big can you bore out the 500 and 750? with the cheaper price of the Street - this could be something to consider to get some more power. since the 500 and 750 are pretty much identical apart from the displacement. maybe you could bore a 500 to a 750 and a 750 to something larger possibly?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was also thinking about bore kits for the Street as well. How much extra power do you think its possible to add to the Street with a bore kit?

I was reading about a bore kit that doubled the power of the Sportster 883. I want something like that for the Street.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Not something bad to consider when you get use to the power and want a little more. I guess it would be something to look in to when the warranty is over.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
this being an entry-level bike will make adding this later a good option, even as it gets older and people just want good power but all for cheap in a somewhat new combo

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm sure Harley designed some displacement growth into this engine. It won't remain a 750 forever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts