Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm interested in getting some tall apes or mini apes handlebars. Only issue I'm running into is the need for extended clutch / throttle cables. It's a 2015 street 500. Has anyone done this or know a site that has cables that for sure fit the bike or handlebars that fit???? None of my local shops nor my dealership has any solution because it's a new model. Only option I've been given is to send it off somewhere for 3 weeks to be adjusted. Please help

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly not sure. A got a good custom shop that does a lot of custom work and make them their selves

·
Registered
367 Posts
Don't forget to lengthen the wiring for your controls as well as the front brake line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A member here in New Zealand has fitted triumph 12" ape hangers. He has been asked about the cables etc, but as yet to get back to us about them. The Triumph bars he used are available here in NZ.
The Handlebar Company Ltd | Triumph Owners Motor Cycle ...

tomcc.co.nz › Suppliers
Yea I seen... Sucks. Everyone is telling me it's impossible to order but I know people had to have done it. Just want to know about everything that has to be done with the handle bar switch out

·
Registered
203 Posts
Rob on the facebook page with the 'Kiss' themed Harley Street named "Stutter", has 10" high ape/bar with standard cables, with a bit of re routing of cables/wires etc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rob on the facebook page with the 'Kiss' themed Harley Street named "Stutter", has 10" high ape/bar with standard cables, with a bit of re routing of cables/wires etc
Do u have a link or can tell me which Facebook page you're referring to?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a 8" mini apehanger on my street 750, and i got standard cables and wires. I just needed to extend the electric cables to the right controls.
I ordered my apehanger from TC Bros.
I have just tried a short ride for now, but I think it is more comfortable.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I'm interested in getting some tall apes or mini apes handlebars. Only issue I'm running into is the need for extended clutch / throttle cables. It's a 2015 street 500. Has anyone done this or know a site that has cables that for sure fit the bike or handlebars that fit???? None of my local shops nor my dealership has any solution because it's a new model. Only option I've been given is to send it off somewhere for 3 weeks to be adjusted. Please help
Hey! I just got a 12" and mini ape bar from tc bros for my harley street 500. I found this site Contact Us. Let me know how it turned out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts