Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anyone actually installed mini ape hangers to a 500 yet?

My local dealer here in Australia is installing them to a fair few models now with a few other accessories for sale, I'm just wondering if any cables etc need to actually be changed or if you got away without?

Thanks

Chad

·
Registered
172 Posts
You should be ok with a 7" rise bar anymore than that and you will need to change out the cables especially the clutch cable, I was looking at a set of frisco bars at one time , the streets have a 6 3/8" rise to them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought ten inch ape hangers second hand but then found they were 1" instead of 7/8 thickness......... but as for controls and cables they seem like they will all reach.
totally changed the look of the street

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
I bought ten inch ape hangers second hand but then found they were 1" instead of 7/8 thickness......... but as for controls and cables they seem like they will all reach.
IMO I'd powder coat them black

·
Registered
60 Posts
Please let me know if the cables reach. I'm about to pull the trigger on some new apes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts