Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one tell me the power gains on there fp3 tunes with street 500?
moment I can hit 150 max 140km im 95 kg
id like just a little more power up top?
also the cat convertor is that ok to remove will it help?
I have screaming eagle filter baffles removed stage 1 tune. have a fp3 on its way. have done some mods to body will post pics at some stage.
cheers

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Ontario Canada.

Where are you from? (I'm assuming the "150" was in kilometers??)

How to get more "top end power" on the 500? .................... get a 750 :laugh:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
new zealand no 750s here.. yet... yes 150km be its max... had 160km with tail wind.. not the top end I'm looking for just a little more between 100km and 130km for overtaking cars.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome. There's a friend I grew up with that moved there, at least to Christchurch, probably 40 years ago! It's a place I'd love to visit!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I live in NZ. For the roads we have here, and the average speed of NZ driver, "gulp" the street has plenty of power.
I rode a Yammy 250 virago around the south island for three years, never had any problems with that overtaking traffic.
Now I have the Street, well life is a breeze inside the legal limits.
Remember, here that speed means you walk , if caught.140KPH max is enough to loose your bike to the feds if your caught. Had that happen once on my XS1100 Yamaha.......bugga! More than a weeks wages to get it out of the impound yard!!!
Be very happy with what you have. The Street is a very capable bike for touring the South Island in comfort.
If your mates think its slow, just smile and live a heap lot longer knowing the journeys is better than the destination, on a bike.
See you at Hokatika in two weeks.... :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its prob coz I'm close to 100kg 6.1 .... its like a wind trap... i love the bike round town and its fine for over taking with tail wind the power i am wanting is not to speed it is to overtake and the hills round dunedin. i don't want much... but as u know 500 is a baby harley... its a nice harley just little underpowered.. but still love it.. 10hp more bike would be my dream bike. I'm hoping with baffles out new pipes and free flowing air filter and the fp3 it will be perfect..
hoki huh be wile be for i get that far but id love to head there again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts