Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my bike yesterday at a light. My boot got caught in the shifter. Now a day later my bike died on me twice going around the block. Now I turn the key and power switch but when I hit the start button it all dies. No lights no nothing...

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
Bummer. I've had some close calls with catching a leg of my pants on things. I wear pants with cuffs to the office and sometimes they catch the.

What year is your bike? My 2016 doesn't have a tip switch, but maybe yours does? I know my 2007 Sportster has one.

The next thing I would check is to make certain no fuses got knocked loose. After that connections to and from the battery.

Which side did it fall on? I don't know that makes a big difference but it may prompt somebody else to think of something.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It sounds like a battery that's starting to fail, or bad (loose) battery terminal connections. To reset the bike's tip over switch if you fell you should get on the bike and hold it straight up again. Turn the key all the way to "off", then right back to "ignition".

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
121 Posts
Does sound like a failing battery or battery connection was jolted during mishap. I would check battery connections first and then have battery load tested. Any auto parts store will load test a battery for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts