Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there !
i am a new rider in the harley family ... a street 750 the 2016 model .. the brakes are much better than the older version (brembo) now ....
however i have managed a mere 800 kms in a couple of months and had an issue with a major leak from the engine ... took it to the showroom and they said it was a problem with the gasket and they had to change it .. i believe changing the gasket is a big issue and it should not have happened to a new bike ... kindly enlighten me on this issue and guide me as to what should i do about it .. was planning to write to a senior management at Harley and have things checked out properly...
Dr.Pant

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is serious issue, recently a 750 got fire on open road (check pics, got through whatspp )
I am using it for daily as well as long tour, & in city traffic it heated up like anything, ( Oil cooled didnt much effective), if during that temp any leakage happen, it might lead to any mis-fortune
Please check with HD guys & make sure they get proper solution,

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Dr. Pant ....................Welcome to the Forum, from Ontario Canada.

I have to admit this is the first I've heard of this type of leak, or even hearing about a fire with a "Street" bike.
I'm wondering if this is more related to bikes manufactured in India, rather than the American, Kansas built bikes? Still, it never should have happened.

Someone more knowledgeable about this will speak up soon.

Sorry to hear about your problem. It really is a great, reliable bike. I can't say I have any issues with my 2015, other than the mirror issues which I rectified

1 - 5 of 5 Posts