Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
I took my Street 750 to the drag races. Getting whipped by an Indian wasn't that bad once I started whipping baggers with a 0.002 reaction time.

https://youtu.be/inQUtMC7D8o
great reaction time, you must have great vision and rattlesnake reflexes....you go guy....cool!

i'd love to have a competition cam in this thing, just for the sound if nothing else.....

if I was doing that i'd take it to the rev limiter on each gear...>:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they need work but I want to see what the bike feels like with some heavier fork oil in there first, before I get all crazy and finally adapt the gsxr 600 front end I have sitting around, to work on the Street. I'm still learning how to ride and handle this bike. Up until 3 days ago, there was a total of 12km put on the bike in the last 4 months.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I've been begging a few people from a few companies for a cam. There's a reason why we can't get our hands on one right now though :( Soon, hopefully. You're so right ... that thing will run on tears once we get our hands on cams.
I wished some of the flat track racers would chime in, i'd bet their bike's engines have been heavily modified, so someone somewhere has high performance parts for these engines. i'd be willing to ship my engine to them to be worked over. :eek:

p.s. this post took a long time to type because of the problems I am having with this site. something fishy is happening here!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wished some of the flat track racers would chime in, i'd bet their bike's engines have been heavily modified, so someone somewhere has high performance parts for these engines. i'd be willing to ship my engine to them to be worked over. :eek:

p.s. this post took a long time to type because of the problems I am having with this site. something fishy is happening here!!
I bet you they haven't ;)

Been talking with Steve Cole with TTS mastertune ... I have a pretty good idea where everyone is at, in engine R&D.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you decide to part with those springs I'd love to be first in line for them!
Are you kidding ... do you know how hard it was to get progressive suspension to part with that set of shocks in the first place.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you decide to part with those springs I'd love to be first in line for them!
I'd probably get my hand slapped if anyone got their hands on those front forks. I would really like to get my hands on some more though, and possibly start converting the front ends for people ;) Let me tell you this about them though ... even though some idiot was up on one wheel and whiskey slapped my bike over a curb when he came down, that front end is solid. Other than a blow fork seal. I was actually quite impressed with that R&D session, hahaha!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts