Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody experienced engine cutting off on HD street 750 after running for 3-4 miles. Happened with me a couple of times, but then the bike started again. The oil and engine light comes on and the engine just dies, happens at low as well as moderate speeds. Any suggestions????? Anybody else who has faced the same problem. I am new to this forum but an old rider.................

·
Registered
231 Posts
We need alot more info than what you provided in your rant.... Is it a fuel cut feeling or just straight starving for air and then dying out? It's either going to be fuel related, which I know they had an issue with the 2015 prior models, and there was a recall issued and supposedly fixed.... But also it could be the intake manifold, TB, air intake box, etc etc, it could not be connected or sealed correctly, causing an "internal air" bleeding in the system and starving out that way, only if it is metered and measured like a MAF/MAP/BAR some type of sensor... Which I don't think our engines have but I could be wrong... I did an intake swap on several of our street models and never had any problems with them at all... Cars and trucks I see this engine performance problem almost everyday... I have also experienced that myself...

Suck, bang, press, blow.... Intake, compression, power, exhaust.... That's every 4 stroke gasoline engine in a nutshell...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts