Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks

Got my new street 750 just yesterday.

i rode about 15 kms, but the heat from the engine fely on the upper thighs area is very intense.

is everybody facing this issue? i was told by some street owners about excess heat during break in period & then it becomes more sober.

but i checked this with the dealer & they do difference pre & post break in.

need your input.

Regards....Amit

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, i now notice the hot air blows into the thigh area when the radiator fan is on & it feels really hot if that happens when the bike is standstill is moving slow in traffics.

but whatever the case it feels really hot

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had that on my Suzuki Boulevard. It was just a case of where the air was aimed when the fan was running. Didn't you say, in another thread, that you were running the bike in over 40c weather? So I'm guessing this happens a lot. I wonder if you can't talk to your dealer about finding ways to safely some of that air away. There has to be others like you who have dealt with it. I know I wasn't the only one on my Suzuki who had that issue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They make mid frame air deflectors for the Dynas, Softails and Touring bikes, but nothing for the Street or the Sportys yet.

You could probably make a set of modify a set from one of the other bikes.

Deflectors attach to the frame below the seat and direct heat away from the rider to improve comfort.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Engine heat issue

hey guys,
I also got my 750 yesterday and experienced a similar problem with heat from the engine I drove it for about 45km today and got a small blister on my thigh due to it even after tank knee pads.
So is this due to its new and does it get better afterwards ?
Should i go to the company?
please revert

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I experience a good amount of heat radiating from the right side, I live in Florida so yesterday it was probably 85-90f, I only feel the heat while sitting at a stop light for a few mins, I would assume it's normal, I can't even imagine what an air-cooled bike like the 883 feels like, probably more intense lol.

·
Registered
187 Posts
it's normal for my 750 here in Philippines. it was also normal with my V-Rod in Arizona and Florida. for both always when the radiator fans are on typically when going slowly in stop n go traffic

my air cooled 155cc Honda TMX never heats up my thighs like the 750 does, because its single cylinder isn't as close to my groin

·
Registered
116 Posts
Didn't see anyone ask this but are you wearing jeans or shorts? I get a tad hot on the inner thighs when wearing thin jeans, but can't even feel it with thicker jeans. And then it really only shows up at stop lights when it is over 95 degrees out. I can imagine it being very uncomfortable with shorts.

And as far as the heat it doesn't really seem any different than any other bike I have read. I test drove the Scout 60, and the Honda Shadow Aero recently and they were similar heat wise. Used to drive a Ninja many years ago when I was young and dumb and burned my inner thighs when riding it with shorts on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's a feature of most V-Twin cruisers. It's just because of where you sit in regards to the engine. It's nice in the winter!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I experience a good amount of heat radiating from the right side, I live in Florida so yesterday it was probably 85-90f, I only feel the heat while sitting at a stop light for a few mins, I would assume it's normal, I can't even imagine what an air-cooled bike like the 883 feels like, probably more intense lol.
I'm in FL, as well and could have written this exact post. Yes, it's definitely more noticeable on the right side.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm in FL, as well and could have written this exact post. Yes, it's definitely more noticeable on the right side.
Where abouts in FL?

·
Registered
17 Posts
While taking the Learn to Ride class last weekend I noticed some heat coming off the rear cylinder exhaust after idling for long periods and slow maneuvers for long periods that did not give the bike enough airflow. It was mid to high 80's and 80%RH. The cooling fan kicked on a couple times. It never got so bad I couldn't stand it but it was certainly warming up the jeans on my right leg.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Before I bought my XG750 I saw a video reviewer say that it's hot when you are sitting at a stop light. I haven't had any real problems. I always wear some kind of jeans or Wrangler Riggs work pants. I did ride my XG in shorts once and realized that it wasn't a good idea. Aside from the engine heat, it's pretty easy to burn your exposed leg on the exhaust pipe if you are wearing shorts. No problem when wearing some decent pants.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts