Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else feeling some engine vibration with the 750 when exceeding 60 mph? The vibration is felt in the feet and knees (at the tank). I didn't feel it when driving the 500, but it is definitely there with the 750. Anyone else experiencing it too?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Not sure if yuo can stop the vibration unless you stop the engine. Maybe some bar end weights will help...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I cant believe this , after finally rubber mounting like the rest of the world Harley go back to hard mounting ? this just does not make any sense , its just crazy ? its a huge fault .

·
Registered
261 Posts
I haven't seen a Vtwin that didn't vibrate, rigid or rubber mounted. If you want no vibration, buy a bike with a different engine configuration. In line fours are pretty smooth.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I haven't seen a Vtwin that didn't vibrate, rigid or rubber mounted. If you want no vibration, buy a bike with a different engine configuration. In line fours are pretty smooth.
Yes sir hop on an inline four and it feels like its nto even on. Get use to it and itll be gone before you know. Just invest in some seat time ;)

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Would it be possible to stop the vibration from happening as much by adjusting or replacing the suspension?
It wouldn't do anything at all. The suspension deals with the unsprung weight (i.e. tires and wheels) while the engine is attached to the frame.

I would note that the vibration on my Street 750 from the engine is less than on my Sportster and both have rubber mounted engines. The 60 degree Revolution-X engine has inherently less vibration than the 45 degree Evolution engine which is the difference more so than the displacement size. The engine vibrations is related to the eccentric movement of the rotating mass of the internal parts of the engine and the 45 degrees is more "out of whack" (the technical term) than the 60 degree engine. Opposing cylinders and in-line cylinders have less vibration because they don't have the eccentric rotating mass.

Reactions: Livin On

·
Registered
261 Posts
That must feel pretty awesome to ride for those that don't like the vibration as much or those that just want a smoother ride.
Some people want smooth, some people clamor for vibration. Variety is the spice of life, right? I am ok either way, and just except each bike model for what it is.
Kinda funny... there is one traffic light in the village that is on a slope. When I am riding my Sporty and stop at this light, I use my rear brake to hold there, because if I clamp on my front brake, the engine vibrates through the frame and shakes my head significantly. I must look like a bobblehead sitting there at the light... at least that is what it feels like.

·
Registered
45 Posts
so the replies are conflicting , is the 750 engine rubber or solid mounted , if you google Harley street hard mounted the press tests say hard ?
which is it ?
cheers
kbull

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
so the replies are conflicting , is the 750 engine rubber or solid mounted , if you google Harley street hard mounted the press tests say hard ?
which is it ?
cheers
kbull
By golly I stand corrected.

I assumed that it was rubber mounted because the other Harleys have been rubber mounted for several years but I went out and actually looked and the engine is hard mounted to the frame.

Nothing beats actually looking at the motorcycle. LOL

·
Registered
219 Posts
so with that official info saying it's hard mounted i take it that some softer mounts should help with absorbing some of the engine vibration, right? how much of a difference can it make?

·
Registered
45 Posts
rubber mounting would make a big difference , now I know why folks are complaining , I now pray that a flexible solution can be found but it wont be a straight forward modification, I still cant believe they done this , its annoying to the extreme , after supposed input from thousands of customers , why ? cost ?

·
Registered
548 Posts
rubber mounting would make a big difference , now I know why folks are complaining , I now pray that a flexible solution can be found but it wont be a straight forward modification, I still cant believe they done this , its annoying to the extreme , after supposed input from thousands of customers , why ? cost ?
they wanted it to be a 'REAL' Harley ;) Thats not a joke either. How else were they going to sell it to the accounting purists? Sure its not a potato but it will vibe your fillings out. JUST LIKE PAPIS USED TO DO!!!

@StoneFree, considering your one of the few with both, how does the vibes on the street compare to the sporty?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts