Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else feeling some engine vibration with the 750 when exceeding 60 mph? The vibration is felt in the feet and knees (at the tank). I didn't feel it when driving the 500, but it is definitely there with the 750. Anyone else experiencing it too?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've heard some charges that the Street isn't so comfortable, this seems to just add to that notion. Do you find that the Street is uncomfortable because of this engine vibration and other things like the comfort of the seat?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Testiphony, in answer to your question vibration is my only issue. Other than the higher speed vibration (60+ mph) I found the bike comfortable (seat included).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks PatLav. I'd say they were both made in Kansas City. I'm a little more suspicious of this bike, since you aren't feeling it.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Is anyone else feeling some engine vibration with the 750 when exceeding 60 mph? The vibration is felt in the feet and knees (at the tank). I didn't feel it when driving the 500, but it is definitely there with the 750. Anyone else experiencing it too?
Im curious to know what it is if there is even anything keep us posted

·
Registered
228 Posts
Testiphony, in answer to your question vibration is my only issue. Other than the higher speed vibration (60+ mph) I found the bike comfortable (seat included).
Thanks for that. Glad to hear that the whole bike isn't uncomfortable. I guess that means the vibration is only bad on the highway. Luckily, I plan on mostly urban driving instead of highway driving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've noticed no vibration except when I'm not in the proper gear and running too close to the rev limiter. My boots are pretty thick soled however so that might be doing it. I haven't gone much faster than 65mph however.

I do wish the engine was a 'bit' louder. I can't hear it over wind noise at 65mph, or over my friend's bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There must be something wrong with the bike I test drove. The salesman and service manager drove it and said the vibration of that magnitude should not be there. They are now contacting Harley technical support. I passed on the purchase of it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Well You could get yourself a used big single with buck horn handle bars and feel a lot less vibration at 60 mph. I should know, I own one. My 750 makes my right hand somewhat numb but I'm 55 years old and work in Maintenance and turning wrenches is starting to take a toll on my carpal tunnel nerves. Some day Kuryakyn will make ISO grips for the Streets...Are you listening Kuryakyn?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts