Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Los Angeles. I had called many dealerships in the area, no one had a Vivid Black 750 in stock. Once I found one, I was quick to purchase. OTD pricing was $8,950.

Break Down:
MSRP: appx. $7,557
License and Title: $162.00
California Taxes: $726.00
Prep: $100
Freight: $330
Docs (not sure what this is): $80

Prep was originally $695 or $795 (can't remember) but they knocked it down to $100

If the Prep fee's are more $100-$200, you definitely gotta negotiate that part, some places are charging crazy amounts for that.

Hope this helps.

-HDBlackout

·
Registered
13 Posts
Where in LA? I went to buy one last week in Riverside & they not only wanted the full shipping & set-up but $2000.00 more because "it is black". The total would have been over $12,000. I told him to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Where in LA? I went to buy one last week in Riverside & they not only wanted the full shipping & set-up but $2000.00 more because "it is black". The total would have been over $12,000. I told him to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

The "vivid" (gloss) black is stock while the flat black is not. There should be no paint charges for the vivid black while, for some unknown reason, H-D is charging several hundred (not thousand) dollars extra for the flat black.

Not only would I have told them to shove it I would have reported them to H-D because they're price gouging.

·
Registered
228 Posts
$12,000?! And this is supposed to be an affordable Harley!

The price and figures in the opening post seem pretty reasonable though. I think that is a good price to aim for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts