Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Not sure. Haven't heard anythign about the alarm on the street 750. Can anybody chime in on this?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Having a security system is pretty important though since I read that Harleys are one of the most commonly stolen bikes in the US. I assume it would be somewhat similar in the rest of the world as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Having a security system is pretty important though since I read that Harleys are one of the most commonly stolen bikes in the US. I assume it would be somewhat similar in the rest of the world as well.
Harleys are common in many american states unlike india. Thieves would not ponder on lifting these bikes as they will be vulnerable to get caught easily

·
Registered
228 Posts
Harleys are common in many american states unlike india. Thieves would not ponder on lifting these bikes as they will be vulnerable to get caught easily
You are saying that in India people would get caught easily if they stole a Harley? Why do you believe that is the case in India more so than the US?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I guess he has a point if one lifts a harley and rides down the street the whole town might recognize the bike but not the rider and report it right away... if they cared for that matter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Aftermarket Security systems

Has anyone tried the aftermarket security systems like Anti theft alarm disc lock or maybe monster or xenos alarm system?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Has anyone tried the aftermarket security systems like Anti theft alarm disc lock or maybe monster or xenos alarm system?
I've been looking atthe xena disc lock with alarm. Ive heard that the alarm is too sensitive and triggers off too eaily and it has no adjustments for the sensitivity. If it goes off that often I can see poeple getting annoyed and kicking the bike over.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I sure hope it doesn't. I do know for a fact that if it voids warranty, it will be on what ever parts were changed in the process and not the whole bike.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts