Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am starting new thread about my street 750 so as to not mix up the "deliveries" thread.

So as mentioned earlier i booked it on 1st march and got delivery on 18th April.

My previous experience with motorcycle is very limited. I have a bajaj avenger and royal enfield classic 500 and i have never ridden any other indian motorcycle.

Out of the Harley range i have also test ridden iron 883 and fat boy.

So now to street 750

1) engine is wonderful
2) riding position is fab if your short
3) slow speed stability is amazing
4) brake are fine compared what i have been used.
5) would have preferred metzelzers or Michelin's tires as options
6) suspension is very good on pot holed roads :)
7) exhaust note is very big let down

On the whole am satisfied with my purchase and hope that the few short comings will be fixed by HD in due course or aftermarket solutions will become available.

Cheers..

P.s - any other questions if you guys have will try and answer to the best of my ability

Sent from my ME371MG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Good decision with the new thread , feed-back from owners help a lot.

Compared to the avenger , how is the ride quality ? I mean suspension , handling and general comfort (no performance comparison).

I'm 6'2 and have used an avenger and found it comfortable(it had forward controls though ) , I have not ridden the street yet so curious how it compares in that sector . Btw are you aware if they are offering forward controls as an accessory ?

have you calculated the mileage ? If not please do since I'm interested about this figure and harley have been very vague about it. How many kilometers can you ride before feeling the need to refill the bike ?

Other harley models have this in built diagnostic that displays an error code in case something is wrong . Does the street have this feature ?

Have you used the bike in/after rain on wet roads ? If yes was there any noticeable difference compared to dry surface? How does the bike behaves over lose gravel or sand ?

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Cheers..

P.s - any other questions if you guys have will try and answer to the best of my ability
Would you mind measuring it, with the bike up level in riding position, the height from the bottom of the steering neck to the ground?

Thanks if you can.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't think the heat produced by the rear cylinder would be much of a problem ,I rode 14 Kms during my test ride ,the heat which was Thot of from rear cylinder was actually gush of hot air from radiator when u stop the bike...
Since the rear cylinder is so close we assume the heat is emitted by engine...
Well @rajathooja ,can throw some light on this as my experience was limited to 14kms...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good decision with the new thread , feed-back from owners help a lot.

Compared to the avenger , how is the ride quality ? I mean suspension , handling and general comfort (no performance comparison).

I'm 6'2 and have used an avenger and found it comfortable(it had forward controls though ) , I have not ridden the street yet so curious how it compares in that sector . Btw are you aware if they are offering forward controls as an accessory ?

have you calculated the mileage ? If not please do since I'm interested about this figure and harley have been very vague about it. How many kilometers can you ride before feeling the need to refill the bike ?

Other harley models have this in built diagnostic that displays an error code in case something is wrong . Does the street have this feature ?

Have you used the bike in/after rain on wet roads ? If yes was there any noticeable difference compared to dry surface? How does the bike behaves over lose gravel or sand ?
Compared to avenger the ride quality is good, but being tall you will feel cramped on the street.

I have not calculated milage.

No diagnostic code as far as I could see.

Not used it in the wet roads but used it on gravel and does fine on gravel

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think the heat produced by the rear cylinder would be much of a problem ,I rode 14 Kms during my test ride ,the heat which was Thot of from rear cylinder was actually gush of hot air from radiator when u stop the bike...
Since the rear cylinder is so close we assume the heat is emitted by engine...
Well @rajathooja ,can throw some light on this as my experience was limited to 14kms...
Well you could be right about the source of the heat, but left leg dies feel the heat when one stops at lights

·
Registered
174 Posts
The diagnostic code(very extensive with dozens of unique codes ) is displayed in the small LCD in the speedometer. Even a friend of mine who has a iron didn't know about it until later ,check the manual or ask them next time you visit the showroom . There are some key combinations to access it involving the handle switch-gear .

Is the rear cylinder heat irritating or downright uncomfortable ? I'm assuming it is fairly hot in jaipur now .

·
Registered
128 Posts
@rajathooja ,so ru u the center of attraction in your locality as your the first to get street 750 ??? :p
How's the response of the people when u take your bike for a ride ,do they give a stare or they walk towards u n ask kithna dethi hai (Indian slang for asking mileage lol)
So how much have u done on trip meter ???

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the response of the people is quite good, even at night people notice it. most people generally ask the price and only a few have asked about mileage..

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Would you mind measuring it, with the bike up level in riding position, the height from the bottom of the steering neck to the ground?

Thanks if you can.
This is the measurement I require.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
the response of the people is quite good, even at night people notice it. most people generally ask the price and only a few have asked about mileage..
i find it to be rare that people ask about mileage as overall bikes get far better mileage than cars, good step up from a car when it comes to mileage

1 - 20 of 43 Posts