Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started this a few months ago and built it in our downtime.
We did not go nuts as we wanted to keep it essentially Street Legal.And also had a budget of $3500
Also we had to use mainly HD parts.
This bike will be entered into the US Custom Kings contest.
You can see pictures of the build by going to our website at Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Dealer Florida | Used Motorcycles Softail H-D Parts & Accessories Clothing Rentals Miami FL
North Store go to LINKS and look for the StreetCustom Or go to Facebook. Please give feedback and likes Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tires

wow!....that looks amazing...great job!
where did yall get the white letter tires?
They are the tires that come on the bike you just need a tire paint pen and a lot of patience .You can buy the paint pen at your local dealer.
Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I just looked at the build on facebook and it is bad ass! Do you think the paint pen for tires would work well in red for my mysterious red bike? Also as a suggestion did you try adding the white Harley pegs to see how they would look on your build?
Vintage White Shifter Peg | New Arrivals | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store
Vintage White Large Footpegs | New Arrivals | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store
Good idea.
But I went over my budget.
Do me a favor and go to facebook
Peterson's Harley-Davidson of Miami North and LIKE it and feel free to post comments and maybe I will get more $ to play with.
I think the red paint pen woul look cool just be prepared to spen hours on this.
Thank you everyone for all your comments.;)

·
Registered
766 Posts
They are the tires that come on the bike you just need a tire paint pen and a lot of patience .You can buy the paint pen at your local dealer.
Thanks
ah ok, i'm retired and have a lot of time to work on my lil v-rod..
thanks for the info, I appreciate it a lot!

·
Registered
766 Posts
thanks for the info.
again, y'all did an amazing job with the project bike!

i'm retired, so I have a lot of time and when it comes to my steeds, I have a lot of patience....:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
P&A

Paint ate your budget?, but then again p&a parts arent cheap either.
I know but we had access to HD p&a to mess with. A lot we had to modify being that the XG uses metric threads etc. My hope out of this contest is that Hd will take notice and will develop some of this stuff for the public.

·
Registered
367 Posts
If they were smart they already would have. I saw on the Xgames today they're pushing them. How can you advertise the **** of a bike where it's modded heavily in 90% of the commercial and not have a **** thing aside from cruiser style accessories for it? This is not a couch on wheels like their other bikes. That is not the market you attract with that ad.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts