1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
San Diego, CA November 6, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXj9ME_DkKM&feature=youtu.be

A little too much 'rear' brake?

I love the way the guy gets out of his car and doesn't even go check on the rider FIRST. He's more interested in getting the bike out of the lane, which he's blocking with his car anyway!

By 1:26 he's back in his car, leaving.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I had a front wheel lock on me once. Traveling at a Max of 20 MPH. AT least I held the skid for about 12 Feet. Until the handle bar did a hard right. And I was ejected. Broke my Left Clavicle. Now I am living with Shoulder pain. And my left arm has a reduced range of motion compared to the right.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This "crash" seems to be making the rounds on a lot of motorcycle sites, and Facebook!

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it me or, Does that look like a Street 500??
My money is riding on a "750".

If you look closely around 00:37 to 00;47, when they stand the bike up you'll catch a glimpse, or "flash" from the polished edge trim on the wheels, that feature only on the 750's.
I was trying to catch the polished fin edge on the engine cylinders but can't get a good enough look.

Still, I'd say it's a 750.

(Obviously not paying attention ................could have still taken it onto the left shoulder to stop safely, without locking up the rear brakes)

Reactions: JONBERG

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can someone explain what happened?
Not paying attention to the traffic ahead, and not looking down the road ahead of the vehicle you're following.

Basic inattentiveness while riding, that's all.

Even if he saw this at the last second, he still could have safely slowed down, and moved onto the shoulder for the extra space, or distance he needed to safely stop.

Reactions: JONBERG

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was looking at the Cooling fins on the engine.
You have better eyes than me! I was looking at the fins too, but couldn't get a positive confirmation. The trim on the wheels was more obvious.

·
Registered
309 Posts
@10-64,

"Not paying attention to the traffic ahead............................................................................................."

SPOT ON!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts