Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guyz. I experience that when I ride my street 750 in city traffic the front break gets locked and does not get released until i press it 3-4 times. May be due to heat or dnt know what. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem

·
Registered
231 Posts
You need to define hanging up for the customer... Check the internal seals of the master cylinder, any air bubbles in the system or "internal bleeding" of the bore end seal... Check that your cap is properly seated with the gasket and the screws are properly torqued... Also, yes it sound like there could be a mechanical issue of hanging up aka caliper sticking... This is one reason why I do not like sliding styled calipers, even with lubricant and everything smooth you can still have a mechanical failure of the guide pins and bushings hanging up or pistons sticking... Fixed calipers you don't have that much of a problem, but they are not bulletproof either but this doesn't happen with that style....

Either way, I need more information to go off of to properly diagnose and tell you what steps to take... I would take them apart and lubricate the slide pins with SylGlide and go from there and try again... Personally if that were my Hog...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts